Player
    Character
    Bauer Auditore
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90

Tank Stance

This has probably been said a 1000 times but I'm going to say it again. I've just finished doma castle on the leveling roulette and have experienced some of the worst tanking in recent memory. The WAR would not use defiance for the last boss, and when I commented on that fact he says dps should use diversion!? Wtf. When both dps and healer are the top 3 enmity list maybe use the godamn tank stance. This is why you are here...

I find that more than not, warriors are the worst tanks for actual tanking in their tank stance. Is there some trait in the warrior tool bag that makes the player an arrogant douche that I wasn't aware of?

I would like to ask SE to take out the dps stance for group play. NERF the shit out of it so it's mainly for solo play like cleric stance back in the day. Before they increased enmity for tank moves this would of been more welcome but at least tanks would be.... err....tanks. Or just make WAR a dps.

Bring on the onslaught of pro dps for tanks, idc. Tanks should tank and not be worrying about dps. Save the rhetoric of dps = enmity and dps should manage enmity and all that. We've heard it all before.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Nyx Arianrhod
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    No, I would say the warrior was doing a good job. Get initial threat. It's a party responsibility for aggro. All dps and healers have tools that they should be using to manipulate their aggro. That is how you play tank in this game, you get aggro, then you dps.
    (25)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Well enmity is a two way street, diversion is very useful.
    Also with Warrior, he wouldn't have gotten any defensive bonus from the use of Defiance.

I'm sorry he may have been blunt about it, but I think you actually encountered one of those good tanks you rarely hear about.
    (18)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Akuma Matada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Soo because you had a bad experience with a tank you want them to nerf dps stance for all tanks? There is nothing wrong with stance dancing as long as the tank is holding enmity and not causing the healer to struggle keeping them alive. Tanks are already the lowest played classes in FFXIV lets not lower that number more by giving them less options.
    (6)
    Last edited by Dragon_punch; 06-14-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bauer Auditore
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    The problem with both the points above. 1. He never had agro to start with. 2. Defensive bonus is irrelevant, multiple deaths caused by enmity chopping between players is bad enmity control and like it or not the tank has the tools or more than any other job to control this. The fact that this tank and tanks in general don't take charge of enmity is the definition of bad tanking. It also brings the group's dps down as a whole as well.
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Nyx Arianrhod
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    From experience, if a healer is ripping aggro, it's usually because they are spam aoe healing or spamming the tank, when there is no damage going out, then they don't even lucid. Then complain that they don't have mana. The damage in this game is so scripted that a Regen on a tank is almost all you need, and only aoe heal when damage goes out. For the dps, they probably think that diversion is some sort of dps loss or something, or they only use it when they notice they are high on aggro, this is when it's too late.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Bauer Auditore
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    It's not an isolated incident. And why not? Why should tanks have stances when dps or healers don't, where is the equality in that?

Imo this just indicates the sad state of affairs where all people care about is dps. It's always someone else's fault lol. Healers healing too much.... dps are dpsing to much. Never mind the tank not using an ability created for the job? Wow. All my tanks are 70 and rarely do people die or enmity causes chaos. I'd be fine with some stance changes. People tank because they want fast queues. Would people stop play tanks because a stance gets taken away or nerfed in dungeon content?
    (1)
    Last edited by addz3; 06-14-2018 at 07:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by addz3 View Post
    It's not an isolated incident. And why not? Why should tanks have stances when dps or healers don't, where is the equality in that?
    I don't doubt that you've encountered an idiot here and there, but I find it hard to believe that this is a common occurrence.

I think healers lost their DPS stance because it was causing balance issues.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by addz3 View Post
    Both of ASTs stances reduce enmity and SCH is split with faerie.
    Yeah it might be best for a tank to gain initial enmity but I think you're taking this too far. Too often do I see tanks sit in tank stance 100% of the time, and that's much worse imo
    (8)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    TBH it just sounds like an arrogant tank. Wasn't there, but it's not like people care about 99% logs for dungeons.. So it's kinda on them to at least generate enough initial aggro so that they can remain in dps stance for the remainder of the fight. It's not hard. In fact it's easiest on War.
    (3)

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast