Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Yeah I know. Just wanted to point out that they might be old for us but for a new player the cash shop is huge. But sadly wont go away.

Also not sure if this is the right thread for this. But seemingly (not 100% sure if this is true) they went against another promise and we will be able to buy two 1.0 earrings at the next rising event..stuff that has been promised to remain completely exclusive to 1.0 players that did the storyline and that fought a certain battle..if that is true then they have no reason to leave the PVP rewards exclusive..
    (2)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Ye I read that, pretty lame if you ask me.

Thought it was a matter of time since they added to mogstation the moogle suit which was exclusive for buying the twitch stream of the first fanfest. But I suppose we live in the world of timed exclusives
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaldea Sahaline
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie_Lenneth View Post
    and 90% of the items in the cash shop were available in game to those who were subscribed at the time. 90% of the rest are reskins or alternate regions cash shop items. the amount of cash shop unique items is very low.
    How confident on the 90% number are you? Before I spend the time going through all 377 items. You're implying that of the 377 total items/services in the mog station only approx. 40 items are unique correct? If you knowingly exaggerated without putting an iota of effort into this response now is the time to remedy that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KaldeaSahaline View Post
    How confident on the 90% number are you? Before I spend the time going through all 377 items. You're implying that of the 377 total items/services in the mog station only approx. 40 items are unique correct? If you knowingly exaggerated without putting an iota of effort into this response now is the time to remedy that.
    Go for it. I'm fairly confident. From my standpoint as someone who has been subbed since launch, there are very few unique items that are mogstation exclusive.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I'll say that imho mogstation items are insiltuing since they are either reskins of in-game items with a new BGM or a rip of character animation and then sold.

Frankly that's what it's most insulting of it, I don't get why ppl don't give heat to SE for that, because frankly they are askin your money for a recolor
    (4)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I would say 90% is pretty close. Also are the old Vet Rewards there? I am sure they will be if they are not yet seeing as the vet Reward system does not really exist anymore.
    Things are just so overpriced in the cash shop, then again so are items in other mmo's
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaldea Sahaline
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie_Lenneth View Post
    Go for it. I'm fairly confident. From my standpoint as someone who has been subbed since launch, there are very few unique items that are mogstation exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    I would say 90% is pretty close. Also are the old Vet Rewards there? I am sure they will be if they are not yet seeing as the vet Reward system does not really exist anymore.
    Things are just so overpriced in the cash shop, then again so are items in other mmo's
    Mind you this is as far from scientific as could possibly be and their website UI and functionality actually started to make my brain bleed, but I counted approx. 80 items that were unique.

Methodology:
    • I did not count multiple instances of similar things. I.e. The Edda weapons really shouldn't be 5 freaking things. That's just terrible design.
    • I counted one for job potions. I did not count 1 for each individual job because this is also stupid design.
    • I counted one for each story skip. I.e. ARR was 1, and HW was 1.
    • I counted Fantasia as one. I did not count any of the records including multiple copies of Fantasia.
    • For the HW gear I counted it once because I feel that you should get the entire weapon ensemble for purchase, despite being different weapons. I counted the gear separately though.

I obviously didn't count stupid stuff like pots of dye, etc. If I remove all that stuff 80 is still a lot of items, especially if you consider how many of the 377 are just duplicates of others, it ends up being roughly like 80/150 which is nearly 50%.

By all means though, check my numbers.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedi View Post
    I'll say that imho mogstation items are insiltuing since they are either reskins of in-game items with a new BGM or a rip of character animation and then sold.

Frankly that's what it's most insulting of it, I don't get why ppl don't give heat to SE for that, because frankly they are askin your money for a recolor
    Think its partly because people don't understand the value of money these days.. Which is why debt problems are so common place.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    Who would buy vet rewards if a NPC already sell them ingame for achievement points?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rowan Garnet
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleBeard View Post
    SNIP
    I agree with this and to go a bit further... speaking of breaking immersion .. most of the mounts are crap.. I would have stuck with chocobos and added more content to them to make getting one an achievement , I would have gave them more progression as levels and expansions came out and then there’s the MINIONS...waist of time and resource.. that just my two cents ..
    (1)

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast