Player
    Character
    Severa Nanase
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90

Are the developers of XIV out of touch?

Watching the recent live letter I found myself feeling the same as all the others. Questions come up about things like more character creator options, new races, etc and are met with the same answers. "sorry too hard pls understand". Then they move on to the stuff they ARE working on. A collaboration event that seems cool but will likely be short lived. Mogstation exclusive items like Cloud's ugly, immersion breaking motorcycle. Things that may be nice for a time, but nothing substantial. Things that don't really get people excited anymore.
    In MMOs, your character is the most important aspect. You spend most of your time getting gear for your character. Changing how they look to suit your tastes. Making your self insert or perfect waifu. Yet we've never received more character creator options since the games inception. It's only the second expansion and already it is too difficult for them to make a new race. We are down to only 2 jobs an expansion because muh tank/healer balance 2 hard. Each patch takes longer and longer and has less content.
    I can only speak for myself, but I hope at some point they take a step back and check their priorities. Take a moment to read the forums and see what people want. Things that will keep people playing, so maybe I can log in for once to more than an empty friends list and dead linkshells.
    (115)

2. 06-13-2018 06:08 AM

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Agree with most of that except "ugly immersion breaking bike." Call me whatever you like but a motorcycle is probably one of the lesser immersion breaking things that have been introduced.
    (36)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    I was a little confused by the response on character options. Is he saying it's a server issue? If that's the case then more options shouldn't be an issue because the server has to give that whole array of settings for each character loading in anyway. Whether it's option A or a new option X, it should still be sending around the same amount of data while the actual bulk of what's loading is sitting client side.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    While I'm also not super-excited about the bike, you have to realise that (1) a lot of people actually wanted and requested it and (2) the ingame dev-team and the mogstation-people or two seperate things. Creating mogstation content doesnt take away from ingame-content.

You're talking a lot about how character creation and the look of your character is the most important aspect of the game... for you.
    Please notice that that doesnt has to be the case for everyone - I for once never understood fantasia-addicts and people change the look fo their character every other week. (I might be a bit extreme though - I love my character and wouldnt want to change her)
    My point is: They need to find a balance between dungeons, raids, cosmetics, mounts, trials, glamour and so on and so on. Things that take a lot of time - like character creation - but dont create a lot of playtime are probably low on their list for that very reason.
    Do you truely believe that your friends stopped playing because there arent more facial options and no buttslider? Or did they stop playing because there was no content they could play?
    (30)

Player
    Character
    Crushing Fatigue
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisama View Post
    SE is a small indie company, adjust your expectations accordingly.
    (55)

Player
    Character
    Makoto Edakumi
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    While personally I think the bike is ugly, at least it looks better and more in-place in the game than oh, idk... ANYTHING FROM THE YOKAI WATCH EVENT
    (27)

Player
    Character
    Fawkes Macleod
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I think Yoshi's response on character creator options was optimistic, he basically said if they ever redid the graphics then that would be something to consider. It's at least better than a hard no, or some made up answer about it being too much for the servers.
    (5)
    Last edited by Fawkes; 06-13-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    I think Yoshi's response on character creator options was optimistic, he basically said if they ever redid the graphics then that would be something to consider. It's at least better than a hard no, or some made up answer about it being to much for the servers.
    The cringe while answering those questions tho. 10/10
    (16)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    In regards to certain issues? Yes.

Character customisation is a hot topic pretty much everywhere I see people post about FFXIV. Additional masculine options designed to fit male characters is also something they need to get better at. It'd be great if they stopped showing hairstyles and outfits clearly designed to fit female models first and foremost.

Housing is another major issue that needs to be addressed.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Sora Burakku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Couldnt even give a date for the rest of the 4.3x patch...
    (10)

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast