Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by MizArai View Post
    It's not the same answer as before. Before his answer was it's too cold, he wouldn't want to live there. He might want to live there if maybe it warmed up at some point in the future. It was a complete dodge of the question before.

This time he said that it takes a lot of resources, they aren't looking to add any housing districts atm, but if they decide to add one in the future, they know we want to have housing in Ishgard and will consider it.

That's a huge difference in answers. I mean, for one thing it's an actual answer this time. If he had said that before, then people probably wouldn't be asking for it so often. (I mean honestly what kind of answer is "I don't want it"? It wasn't a question of his personal opinion. I don't want it either, but I know tons of people who do, and I'd love for them to get what they want.)
    It's almost like he was joking around before and now he's just tired of the same question. It say "No not thinking about this, but I won't rule anything out because things change" is how I read both of those answers.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    Why would people ask for something they didn't know was going to exist? I'm willing to bet no one was asking for Ishgard housing before Heavensward was announced. Why would players have been asking for Shirogane housing before Stormblood was announced?
    well those two are different. Ishgard existed before HW, we all could see it as far back as 1.0. when the original 3 wards were released some people already hoped for Ishgard wards in the future. we all know of the potential of housing in a snow-based area because of Coerthas Central Highlands and how such an area would be different from the 3 wards we got.

Kugane/Shirogane is completely new. Doman type housing might be desired but that wasn't something the players were really aware of until it was already announced, because the playerbase at the time was preoccupied with Ala Mhigo. and almost nobody cares about Ala Mhigan housing, that much is certain.

---

i still think they should mix Ishgard housing with the Sea of Clouds somehow.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Edax Royeaux
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I've been doing my crafting class quests lately and it's been taking me back to Ishgard and I frankly wish if the story could take us back there sometime. It's such an interesting city, but we still don't have access to much of it, and we still can't even go inside nearly all of the buildings. I can easily see at least 2 zones added to Ishgard, one that fleshes out the main castle keep, and the other being a vertical housing zone that resembles Gondor somewhat. It' somewhat depressing to see Ishgard so empty these days with the various nobel Houses doing nothing.

But at the same time, I do wish to see an expansion of Hingashi. Kugane just has so much charm and personality, that I want to see more of it. Doma was a huge disappointment to me, since this China-expy seems to only have a population of 30 and is awfully cramped. But in my wish to see more of Hingashi, I don't want to see Ishgard left behind.
    (2)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3