Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    Weren't the other housing districts framed as a way for their respective city-states to earn income by having adventurers purchase it? I don't think it's that far out of the realm of possibility at all. I REALLY want Ishgard housing.
    Not to earn income for the city-states but rather to attract adventurers who would then assist with rebuilding efforts and dealing with local issues (like the beast tribes) because they were also now residents.

It would make sense for Ishgard to offer housing for similar reasons now that the Dragonsong War is over. It could even be argued that it would make sense to become available at the end of the 3.0 MSQ even if the Dragonsong War wasn't over at that point. With the start of 3.1, Aymeric takes over as acting head of state and starts slowing working toward changing Ishgard's policies. Adventurers would be useful in helping to repair damaged parts of the city and as supplemental troops until the Dragonsong War was concluded so offering housing to them at that point would make sense.

Personally I find Ala Mhigo and Doma to be better candidates for any new housing district, especially if the next expansion is going to be focused around Garlemald. I'm not sure how many players would enjoy having a house in a snowlocked housing district for the long term. There are already a lot of complaints about how Goblet looks and Ishgard housing would end up even worse if they designed it true to the climate.

I would see Ishgard as a good place to introduce an expansion of the apartment system if SE ever does add size options to apartments. A lot of the noble houses were destroyed during the Dragonsong War and lore-wise it could be their estates reverted to ownership by the state once the last heir died. In one of the quests, I remember it mentioned that each noble house was expected to maintain a residence within The Pillars in addition to any residences they had outside the city, even if the residence was very modest in size. Those now vacant because a noble house died out could then be sold to adventurers, who would probably be slightly more tolerable as neighbors to the surviving noble houses than having the residents of the Brume move in.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Andromea Tark
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    First of all, it sounds more like "we're note developing it yet and we have no real plans to do so, but yes, well, why not, one day, maybe, we'll see".

Personally I would love to have a snowy housing zone with greenhouses for carrots and tomatoes. Besides, HW is not only snow and ice. I'm sure that SE can come up with a plausible story that would make some greenery possible.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yui Savage
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromea View Post
    First of all, it sounds more like "we're note developing it yet and we have no real plans to do so, but yes, well, why not, one day, maybe, we'll see".

Personally I would love to have a snowy housing zone with greenhouses for carrots and tomatoes. Besides, HW is not only snow and ice. I'm sure that SE can come up with a plausible story that would make some greenery possible.
    That's kind of the vibe I got watching it as well. He basically said it takes a lot of resources to make a housing district and they weren't planning on adding any currently, but they do realize that lots of people want Ishgard housing, so if they add another in the future, they know we want that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    It's almost like he's answered this question before and has given the same exact answer. He will never outright say no to something because maybe they do it in the future, but he basically said no.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastahnak View Post
    It's almost like he's answered this question before and has given the same exact answer. He will never outright say no to something because maybe they do it in the future, but he basically said no.
    The answer, as given by the translator:

Of course even after we have opened up Kugane as a housing - oh no - Shirogane, Shirogane, Sorry, Uh.. Shirogane for our new housing district, there are still people who voice their desire to have Ishgard opened up for housing. To let you know, it's not easy to add housing areas willy nilly, so at this point we don't really have anything but, I mean, if there were an opportunity to open up more housing or like creating a new housing district. I'm sure, logically speaking, it would be Ishgard. But again, once it's decided, we'll announce it don't worry. So please stay tuned.
    and then the guy next to the translator:
    You don't have to ask every other month, I think. Yoshida knows.
    (2)
    Last edited by Squintina; 06-13-2018 at 11:20 PM.
    Squintina's Comprehensive Controller Guide:
    akhmorning.com/resources/controller-guide/

Rival Wings Revival Discord:
    discord.gg/pvprevival

Player
    Character
    Yui Savage
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastahnak View Post
    It's not the same answer as before. Before his answer was it's too cold, he wouldn't want to live there. He might want to live there if maybe it warmed up at some point in the future. It was a complete dodge of the question before.

This time he said that it takes a lot of resources, they aren't looking to add any housing districts atm, but if they decide to add one in the future, they know we want to have housing in Ishgard and will consider it.

That's a huge difference in answers. I mean, for one thing it's an actual answer this time. If he had said that before, then people probably wouldn't be asking for it so often. (I mean honestly what kind of answer is "I don't want it"? It wasn't a question of his personal opinion. I don't want it either, but I know tons of people who do, and I'd love for them to get what they want.)
    (5)
    Last edited by MizArai; 06-14-2018 at 02:28 AM. Reason: text limit

Player
    Character
    Ashe Sinclair
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Squintina View Post
    The answer, as given by the translator
    Skipping over the part where no one actually asked for Shirogane, while players had been asking about Ishgard housing throughout Heavensward...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaxia View Post
    Skipping over the part where no one actually asked for Shirogane, while players had been asking about Ishgard housing throughout Heavensward...
    Why would people ask for something they didn't know was going to exist? I'm willing to bet no one was asking for Ishgard housing before Heavensward was announced. Why would players have been asking for Shirogane housing before Stormblood was announced?

I'd also be surprised if players on the Japan server hadn't been asking for eastern themed architecture for the housing districts since housing was introduced. Doesn't it strike anyone as strange that the Shirogane Castle housing skin can be used in any housing district while there are no Riviera/Glade/Oasis themed skins that can be used in Shirogane? I doubt very much that would have happened if players in Japan hadn't been asking for it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Bell Jee
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    I really don't see how a housing area for Ishgard could even be added lore wise - Ishgard itself seems very cramped on that tiny crag it occupies already so any extra real estate in the city itself would be at an absolute premium.

Not to mention the ridiculousness of suddenly adding a new shiny residential area for adventurers only when half the city itself is still in ruins from Nidhogg's rampages and thousands of it's citizens are still living in poverty at the very least, if not outright freezing to death in the street, it would just make player characters look downright heartless and selfish.

No doubt Yoshi is mindful of this and thus is one reason why they haven't implemented it yet.
    Housing in shirogane is just made up and i find it odd we live next to where garleans occupied. But it was ment to be by se cuse of fan service.

«Lore wise» is not a good excuse for this case. They can always make up stories «we got a field potential for housing bla bla». Also it can be next to coerthas like lavender next to central shroud.
    It wouldnt look us heartless. What about the goblet? Plenty of peasents there in ul dah and poor hungry people living at streets. Besides its only a fanservice and if i want to live in a snowfield then let me.

Fyi what about adding ishgard enclave like doman?
    (2)
    Last edited by Johaandr; 06-14-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by InkstainedGwyn View Post
    Correction: It's on the timeline, but don't expect it any time soon. (At least it's not no!)
    That is Yoshidas way of saying no.
    (1)

http://king.canadane.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast