Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90

No Ishgard Housing

Source. Well, boo. I love my Shiro house but something Alpine would have been nice, too...

Correction: It's on the timeline, but don't expect it any time soon. (At least it's not no!)
    (0)
    Last edited by InkstainedGwyn; 06-13-2018 at 04:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    That's not what they said in the PLL. Whoever that person is on that twitter account needs to up their listening comprehension skills and listen until the end - not just stop once it sounds like a no.

They just said they don't have the plans to do it right now because it takes time, but that if they had more housing resources they would.

That's not a "no", that's a "it's on our roadmap, but no release date yet".

And to stop asking because they know.
    (1)
    Last edited by Squintina; 06-13-2018 at 04:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Good to know, thanks! I can't actually watch the livestream, so I'm relying on info through others.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Keridwyn Maeve
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Yeah, from what I gathered it sounds like Ishgard housing is in reserve for the future. I'd look for it maybe not this expac but perhaps the one after.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I really don't see how a housing area for Ishgard could even be added lore wise - Ishgard itself seems very cramped on that tiny crag it occupies already so any extra real estate in the city itself would be at an absolute premium.

Not to mention the ridiculousness of suddenly adding a new shiny residential area for adventurers only when half the city itself is still in ruins from Nidhogg's rampages and thousands of it's citizens are still living in poverty at the very least, if not outright freezing to death in the street, it would just make player characters look downright heartless and selfish.

No doubt Yoshi is mindful of this and thus is one reason why they haven't implemented it yet.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Elhi Syn
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    In 5.0 it might be neat if there were some clear and visible progress on the reconstruction of Ishgard.

Maybe the housing areas can be on floating areas, brought in from the Sea of Clouds (aided maybe by Vanu allies? idk). Story wise it could have been contracted for the influx of adventurers and merchants that have flooded Ishgard since they opened their gates and joined the Alliance.

I'm sure the Brume will still be pretty crappy compared to the rest of the city, but eh. That didn't stop anyone from getting a Mist residence, despite the starving orphaned children in the refugee camps outside Ul'dah. ^^°
    (1)
    Last edited by LathyrusLoon; 06-13-2018 at 08:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kalinas Luminas
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I get the lore aspect, but...if we are rebuilding Doma and Ala Mhigo, then wouldn't it stand to reason that at some point Ishgard will also get fixed up? Plus there are whole other zones in Coerthas like the Eastern Highlands that haven't been accessed since the Calamity. Why not have adventurers resettle it? Use the gil we provide to buy homes to rebuild Ishgard!

I wouldn't mind a Sea of Clouds island house/pirate island type either.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ashe Sinclair
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    snip.
    It wouldn't be inside Ishgard. Just as the other housing wards aren't inside the main cities, Ishgard's housing area would probably be in the surrounding highlands. Personally, I don't think "because lore" is really a valid excuse - it's not a stretch to imagine Ishgard setting up a housing settlement as part of a plan to reclaim the land they lost during the Dragonsong War, perhaps to entice heretofore unwanted adventurers to help with restoration efforts. Just lock it like Shirogane until level 60/ the Dragonsong scenario has been completed.

As Lathyrus said, the other city states have their problems with poverty and migrants, yet they still have housing wards. Ishgard's House of Commons is even beginning to address such problems in the Brume anyway, so it wouldn't be anymore odd than the likes of Limsa and Ul'dah.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    Not to mention the ridiculousness of suddenly adding a new shiny residential area for adventurers only when half the city itself is still in ruins from Nidhogg's rampages and thousands of it's citizens are still living in poverty at the very least, if not outright freezing to death in the street, it would just make player characters look downright heartless and selfish.
    This is why I'm okay with not having Ishgard housing yet. In lore it makes perfect sense as to why it's not available yet.

The nation has just ended a war that lasted centuries which battered their capital, The Calamity caused severe climate change which has greatly increased poverty and on top of all that the whole nation is still coming to terms with their church being twisted and abused for the entire war. Furthermore the current system of authority is in its infancy and has to deal with all of that while trying to maintain their new position as part for the Eorzean Alliance. Ishgard has seriously got its hands full. They don't have the time or resources to start building fancy housing estates that their own citizens can't use. They need to take care of themselves first.

I do hope that if and when we do get Ishgard housing that it will be preceded by quests that show Ishgard's increased prosperity and stability which would lead up to being able to build grand estates to attract adventurers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Weren't the other housing districts framed as a way for their respective city-states to earn income by having adventurers purchase it? I don't think it's that far out of the realm of possibility at all. I REALLY want Ishgard housing.
    (2)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast