Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Carlo Vinne
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    When I go into PVP, I actually place the buttons for these "1-step combos" in several places, just so it feels like the normal version.

What would you replace them with? What "innovative and interesting" combat mechanics would you put in the 8 slots we just lost use for? I know I sound a bit bitter, but I literally don't see the point of culling all the attack animations for "ease of use".
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekimmak View Post
    When I go into PVP, I actually place the buttons for these "1-step combos" in several places, just so it feels like the normal version.

What would you replace them with? What "innovative and interesting" combat mechanics would you put in the 8 slots we just lost use for? I know I sound a bit bitter, but I literally don't see the point of culling all the attack animations for "ease of use".
    It isn't getting culled. It's being consolidated into a single button, or a button per combo in the case of branching ones.

I'd personally replace them with situational skills that make the standard rotations more dynamic.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekimmak View Post
    I would start by allowing all jobs to set all of the "Role Actions". I can't count the number of times I've thought to myself "Golly it would be mildly helpful if I'd remembered to set tank-stun for this 4-man dungeon, but oops, I still have Shirk equipped", "Hah, I remember this old dungeon mechanic that can be skipped with a Silence! Too bad nobody sets that role action!", or "Reprisal is neat in theory, but it's never getting top-5 pick". I know some people who would be happier if they didn't have to have a macro to Set Protect, Cast Protect, Swap In Different Role Action.

Aside from that, I'm sure the dev team could come up with some other interesting actions or buttons. You know we're just going to get more and more actions with further level cap raises, and my standard 36-button hotbar situation is already bursting at the seams. They're probably going to be forced to address the button-bloat with the next expansion anyway. Heck, the default keyboard UI only gives you 24-buttons to work with before customization.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raldo; Today at 12:31 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3