Character
    Nephie Elz
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MPNZ View Post
    For BRD:
    • 2.0's shadow bind effect (cross classable to ninja)

• Wide Volley replacing quick knock

• Make Iron jaws refresh straighter shot

• Refulgent Arrow replacing Straight shot when straighter shot is up

• A less cluttered UI

• An upgrade to Nature's minne and Wardens paeon to have clemency's aoe radius

• Minne and Warden work like stone skin and place a stack without the timer. Otherwise, they will work as they do right now.

• Warden to have a reduced cast time

• Peloton's effect to to become a passive trait that would be share with machinist

• A skipping action that would work like sprint

• Make it so that stats would change color if you hit the stat limit

• A lullaby aoe to put baddies to sleep

• hunt tracking skills similar to prospect (universal skill)
    Quote Originally Posted by MPNZ View Post

In general:

With the introduction of gauges it might be good idea to begin redesigning the HP/MP/TP/EXP/enemy HP/job gauges/et cetera into a single graphic, or at least just some of them to be more aesthetically pleasing and easier to absorb by players.

---------------------

Bard:

Timing: Basically, this will just be a reward system that would insentivise players to keep songs active throughout encounters. It would basically give rewards for switching the next song in a certain amount of time, and would be telegraphed by the song gauge blinking red.
    For examples: read below.

Wanderer's minuet reward: Straighter shot proc chance up for the duration for song activated during timing.

Mage's Ballad reward: River of Blood activated for duration for duration of the song activated during timing.

Army's Paeon change: Once all of the notes are activated timing will activate.

Army's Paeon reward: Activating timing will continue its effect for the duration of the song activated during timing.
    This, and add making the majority of the potency buffs into passive traits that players could use with other jobs via a "cross trait" system instead of the "role skill" or "cross class" systems. I think just having battle voice as a passive that would work as it currently does would make songs during the post game lv 50-60 content more active and less boring to play.
    (2)
    Last edited by MPNZ; 07-01-2018 at 09:08 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ewwwwwww, it's all glowwy again!

Player
    Character
    Chiseled Penguin
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I'm wholeheartedly against skills being culled anymore in 5.0.
    The low-level experience since Stormblood dropped has been an absolute snoozefest. If more skills are removed or condensed then we're essentially gonna be seeing 2-button rotations until we hit 50.
    Plus there really isn't any room to add more buttons for most jobs. The bloat is already at the breaking point.

Honestly what I'd like to see is optional variants on existing skills and rotations in the form of selectable passives.
    i.e., maybe allow people to tweak their rotations to spread their damage more evenly, instead of being so focused on burst windows - or maybe allow people to give up some personal DPS in exchange for party buffs/enemy debuffs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumadurin View Post
    I'm wholeheartedly against skills being culled anymore in 5.0.
    The low-level experience since Stormblood dropped has been an absolute snoozefest. If more skills are removed or condensed then we're essentially gonna be seeing 2-button rotations until we hit 50.
    Plus there really isn't any room to add more buttons for most jobs. The bloat is already at the breaking point.
    Culling and shifting some skills down to lower levels can both be done at the same time.

In my opinion classes should be mostly complete by level 30, getting your job and getting it to 50 should be about getting your gauge and your basic gameplay loop, and the rest of the way to 70 (soon 80) is getting new toys and fleshing out your kit a bit more.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jandor; 09-23-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Player
    Character
    Arctura Fengari
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I want absolutely nothing changed for Astrologian. The class is perfect. I’ve been playing it since 3.0, and would be completely devastated if it were ruined.

However, I am fine with other healing classes becoming more equal with it. I also hope that should there be a new healer, that it would get equal attention.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bella Ciao
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Honestly, I would be happy if 5.0 added some button consolidations like mentioned previously, and all the new Job features were traits, that made things more powerful/work in new and interesting ways. I feel that most traits are rather bland, and it seems like an aspect of the Jobs that is rather underdeveloped compared to the actions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arlo Nine-tails
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Machinist:
    1) Permanent gauss barrel - meaning, you'd still have the "after heat phase", but it wouldn't be as bad as having to press one button to reapply it. It would make it a bit less clunky.
    2) Wildfire removed and its damage baked in Overheat. Currently both work too similar: a period to shove in the most dps as possible. Feels redundant and it would make a bit less clunky (and less punishing to non-perfect ping players) not having to shove WF inside an OH.
    3) Flamethrower being able to cast on the move, but snaring us to only walk when it's channeling. (Or alternatively just make it freely useable on the move).

Summoner:
    1) Not related to gameplay but... Give us proper EGI glamours!
    2) Dreadwyrm Trance renamed to Primal Trance or Aether Trance, then you'd also have more options for the "big" summon:
    - Demi Bahamut: if you need AOE
    - Demi Odin: If you need single target
    - Demi Sophia: For some kind of AoE support for you and your allies
    - Demi ????: Something for PVP, offensive
    - Demi ????: Something fpr PVP, defensive

The goal here is to make SMN like it's usual fantasy. One big complaint that I've seen many players having is that XIV's iteration of summoner resembles very little the powerful spellcaster that summons temporary beasts to wreck havoc.

Also, not related to one specific Job, but I always feel that TP's role in the game is just marginal now. Basically only tied to AoE spam, which makes it a bit mindless tbh, especially in a time that everyone has a secondary resource to cope with. Maybe it's time to go?
    (2)
    Last edited by Raikai; 10-27-2018 at 04:55 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandor View Post
    Culling and shifting some skills down to lower levels can both be done at the same time.

In my opinion classes should be mostly complete by level 30, getting your job and getting it to 50 should be about getting your gauge and your basic gameplay loop, and the rest of the way to 70 (soon 80) is getting new toys and fleshing out your kit a bit more.
    This. We may need a few more trait-based toys to further increase skill ceiling between 50 and 80, but right now it feels like the ability/trait growth over those levels has been used as an excuse -- atop the dev's poor opinion of players despite a refusal to integrate meaningful support or learning systems -- to create newer kinds of content over the course of leveling that would extend an even, reasonable difficulty curve by which to test one's abilities already given in new contexts, requiring ingenuity and a greater understanding of the kit.
    (0)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7