Player
    Character
    Kalinas Luminas
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90

New Door Recipes

I'm going to start with the fact that it's great to finally have matching doors for the Glade and Oasis sets (working on now replacing all the Riviera items for Glade).

I can't help but think that the recipes aren't equal in terms of materials.

The Riviera door (aka Mahogany Partition Door) is a level 40 that needs 3 mahogany Lumber, 4 Oak Lumber, 1 Brass Ingot, 1 Steel Hinge.

The Glade Partition Door is a 3 star that needs 3 Ancient Lumber, 4 Rosewood Lumber, 1 Silver Ingot, 1 Steel Hinge.

The Oasis Door is also a 3 star that needs 3 Ancient Lumber, 4 Walnut Lumber, 1 Electrum Ingot, 1 Steel Hinge.

For being basic items like the Wall Partitions that you can buy from vendors...I don't quite see the reason that the new doors aren't also comparable to the Riviera/Mahogany Partition Door when it comes to materials other than, "Because they're newer than the other one."
    (9)
    Last edited by Kalinas; 06-11-2018 at 12:41 PM. Reason: 1000LB

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I noticed this too. It's not exactly game breaking but it's definitely head scratching.
    (2)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Rosalyn Valeroyant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    I wonder if they did it out of spite because of how much people carried on (rightly so) about wanting the other matching doors.
    (0)

Character
    Beckard Arseneau
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    SE is starting to show a pattern with this. It doesn't matter how basic the furnishing is, if it's new then it has to be hard to make/obtain. The woolen rugs should be as easily accessible as white partitions. Shirogane furnishings/fixtures should be the same craft level as the other three districts and available from the same NPCs. A freaking wine glass shouldn't require a master crafter book and 7k GC seals.

Only unique, trophy-type items should be difficult to procure. Nobody is going to make a shrine devoted to their broom and bucket, but from the way SE introduced that item, they seem to expect us to treat it with the same fervor as something made from a piece of a god.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Andromea Tark
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckett View Post
    Only unique, trophy-type items should be difficult to procure. Nobody is going to make a shrine devoted to their broom and bucket, but from the way SE introduced that item, they seem to expect us to treat it with the same fervor as something made from a piece of a god.
    That is so true ! It would be logic to have fancy furnishing difficult to make but the simplest things... ? Puzzling.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Yep. After I created a kitchen hanger I was like "all that for a stick of wood with hangers on it?"
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nyx Nemhain
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 68
    Is that why I never see the tabletop "assorted candles" item on the mb? I'm assuming it must have a rare ingredient or something because I have yet to even see this item in-game, which is a shame, because I would really like to have some for my house lol
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx_Nemhain View Post
    Is that why I never see the tabletop "assorted candles" item on the mb? I'm assuming it must have a rare ingredient or something because I have yet to even see this item in-game, which is a shame, because I would really like to have some for my house lol
    Pretty much. The candles require Marine Wax Ester, which is obtained from one of the sectors for submersible voyages and likely will be extremely rare. Those candles are going to put you back several million gil once they are available.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nyx Nemhain
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 68
    ugh, that just seems so ridiculous for basic items as previous posters mentioned; if it was something super shiny and special, I could understand, but candles?? well, I guess I'll just have to do without haha
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I'm not totally against "basic" housing items like shelves or whatever being hard crafts simply because that's the bulk of what we're going to get for housing items rather than fancy figurines and statues and super extra thrones. But for tiny stuff like the candles or wine glass it does make me wonder why they had to go THAT hard.

The windows annoy me the most. Uggghhh.
    (1)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)