Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Riele Jgnewesfv
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I had the urge to try and find at least one picture, since I know I didn't save many. I already mentioned it, but I just loved this so much. Taking the ferry, feeling like I was actually journeying someplace.

By the way, since someone asked about the legacy chocobo, it also has a tattoo.
    (2)
    God please help us
    sinful children of Ivalice.

Player
    Character
    Lissandra Heartwine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Since people are sharing screenies, I'll share some!

I just realized how far some of these people were standing from the node, and were still able to mine. XD

(1)

Player
    Character
    Emstidor Diabolos
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemina View Post
    One of the most drastic changes I've seen is Coerthas. It's so crazy that the frozen wonderland I've grown to love used to be so lush with vegetation and life. That must have really been something going to the zone for the first time in 2.0, and seeing such a contrast. Mor Dhona as well before the Garleans decided to piss off Midgarsomr.

Amazing pics. Thank you!
    The bigger shock was them making The Black Shroud not awful.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mystaria Ausa
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemina View Post
    I do think some things would work great though. *cough* Hamlets *cough* Dawn Vigil *cough*
    Of all the scrapped concepts and things from 1.0 that I found to be generally awful, I feel like Hamlets could have been really good. I like the idea of DoH/L players assisting the DoW/M.
    (2)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Ah, 1.0 players are people I'm thankful for. They kept FFXIV going long enough that I got to play it, even if it wasn't the same by the time I finally got too.

I'd been here all along in another world, in FFXI. I very much wanted to play FFXIV, but I was joining the USN at the time, and didn't have the money/space/knowledge to get a PC. I'd been told it would come out on PS3 eventually(a pipe dream for the original XIV's tech demands, of course), so I was content to wait for that.

I sort of lived vicariously through my Ex for XIV 1.0 experience. I don't have any of the screenshots she shared with me saved anywhere, but she kept me apprised of the goings on of 1.0. She was in the Alpha and the Beta, and kept going back to play it here and there while also playing XI with me.

It'd be kind of cool if they brought in some more time travel, and let folks go back in time to how the zones were before and such. Like WoTG for XI, except better because the zones in XIV's past were really rather different. Wouldn't really capture the experience, but I'd still love for everyone still playing XIV to experience it somehow (very much including me).
    (2)

(Signature portrait by Amaipetisu)

"I thought that my invincible power would hold the world captive, leaving me in a freedom undisturbed. Thus night and day I worked at the chain with huge fires and cruel hard strokes. When at last the work was done and the links were complete and unbreakable, I found that it held me in its grip." - Rabindranath Tagore

Player
    Character
    Brynne Lagaao
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    My husband and I played through the 1.0 beta and into the live game, despite it definitely having some glaring problems. I remember just enjoying seeing my character in the world, and being able to play together. When Yoshi-P took over and things got better, we joined a linkshell and formed some friendships that I still look back to fondly (a lot of them no longer play). FFXIV has always had a big impact on my life, from those fun times back then to the new friendships and fun times today.

It's been a journey. But a good one. I'm glad to be here still, enjoying myself and looking forward to what is still to come.

(3)

Player
    Character
    Katarh Mest
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I picked up 1.0 in version 1.23b, the final version that lasted a few months before shutdown. This is when 1.0 sucked the least. It was still ugly and broken, but it actually had some fun parts to it, and things like a functional auction house helped out a ton.

My one regret was not finishing the 1.0 story on that character. She's got the legacy tatt and the 1.0 goobbue, and I got legacy status and forever $10 a month sub fees, but I didn't get the extra cutscenes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vel Kallor
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    This just became my new wallpaper, THANK YOU )))

Back on Zalera, I chatted to a mentor who had gone to a Fanfest, he told me of a conversation she had had with one of the SE staff, they all said the same thing.

It was a roll the dice, one shot gamble. If it worked, it worked, if it didnt , they were done.

The entire franchise would take a huge hit. When we are talking millions of dollars and an entire range of games, what Yoshi pulled off was a gutsy, daring move that I doubt any other dev would have had the nerve to try.

I often wonder how he sold it to the board..getting THEM to sign off on it would have been an achievement in itself. I wish people would cut the crap about Yoshi, no game is perfect, no one will ever fit the needs and wants and desires of every bloody player..but this will always be true.

He will be the ONLY dev, the ONLY game director in all of gaming history who had the nerve to hold his course and make it work.

What we see now is testament to his love for the game and its players.
    (1)
    Last edited by VelKallor; 03-15-2023 at 11:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lugubrious Pan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I wish I hadn't rerolled at the start. My 1.0 was a Miqo'te and I didn't vibe with them much so I made a new character. Got a level 50 alt now with the tattoo and I feel like I really should have continued their journey instead... oh well.
    (0)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast