Player
    Character
    Florian Nozomu
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

Retainers

So I have been thinking. Our retainers have their own classes, can upgrade their classes, yet can’t fight. Why not give them to us in solo plays? About to go out and explore the realm? Bring your retainer with you! Only one of course cause I’m sure they wouldn’t let us take two...... but does anyone else agree with this? Or is it already possible and I just haven’t leveled them enough?
    (2)
    “Courage is the magic that turns dreams into a reality”

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    On top of just fighting I wish you could opt to party up with a DoL retainer and they'll help catch or harvest or mine, etc.
    You can basically double up your gathering or something to that effect.

But yeah, it's a nice idea, but I think squadrons have taken over the solo party stuff. Retainers are just farm and sales bots.
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Unfortunately, retainers are actually not suited as adventurers, the retainer vocate in 1.0 specifically stated that they are "hardly the sharpest tools in the chest" but "that they excel at doing the odd jobs that adventurers hate" (like selling things on the Market Board), which is why they're retainers in the first place, they're dogsbodies/servants (mine are dressed as maids accordingly ).

Also, given my retainers bring me back items that I suspect are stolen (like house parts clearly filched from building sites), not to mention they're rather lazy and unmotivated, I don't trust them any more than I trust an Ascian.

Hence I would not trust Enki's life in their hands on the battlefield at all - if my Company Squadron can't even get their heads together when faced with a challenge like Halatali, there is zero hope for retainers doing the same thing sadly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Florian Nozomu
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Good points you two XD well, either way, solo dungeons are fun, but solo exploration would be awesome with more then one compainion, we will see what happens though. Thanks for your opinions!
    (0)
    “Courage is the magic that turns dreams into a reality”

Player
    Character
    Guardian Angel
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I had this idea long ago but I always get ignored so I'll just back you up this time

I agree that you should be able to bring your own custom NPC's to fight with you. They wouldn't perform as well as a RL party but it would be great as DPS to skip long qeue's, not to mention that sometimes diffirent party builds benefit the situation instead of going with the standard.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Malik Knight
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Enable us to have our 'Soulmate' whom you can customize as you would any other character and assign them any role whenever, they follow you and aid you

You take em with you and dismiss them back to your house,private chamber or apartment kinda like Skyrim with their companion system

give em basic skills just to aid in your survival, you dont want em to shine brighter than the Warrior of Light of course
    (0)