Player
    Character
    Trout Warblood
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60

Help! I can't get the "Rising to the Challenge" quest.

Hi, I can't get the "Rising to the Challenge" quest to activate or the npc to show the quest icon. I have checked the prerequisite quests and I am a second lieutenant in all the Grand Companies. I have "Call of the Sea" done and "The Lominsan Envoy" quest completed. I was currently Maelstrom when 3.4 was released and thought maybe it would help if I changed Grand Companies. I'm now currently Order of the Twin Adder; however, I'm still in the same predicament. Next I'll try Immortal Flames, in 15 days... sigh, unless someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Hi, I can't get the "Rising to the Challenge" quest to activate or the npc to show the quest icon. I have checked the prerequisite quests and I am a second lieutenant in all the Grand Companies. I have "Call of the Sea" done and "The Lominsan Envoy" quest completed. I was currently Maelstrom when 3.4 was released and thought maybe it would help if I changed Grand Companies. I'm now currently Order of the Twin Adder; however, I'm still in the same predicament. Next I'll try Immortal Flames, in 15 days... sigh, unless someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.
    Perhaps you have already done that quest? "Rising to the Challenge" is not a new quest, but one which has been around for a long time - it is also the quest which unlocks Challenge Logs, so if you have those unlocked you must have done the quest already.

If you are looking for the quest to open up the new squadron stuff it is called "Squadron and Commander" and can be found at your Grand Company HQ.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Trout Warblood
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Hi, sorry. Yes, that's what I'm getting at.

Squadron and Commander (Maelstrom)
    Disciple of War or Magic level 47
    Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (X:13.1 Y:12.7)
    Storm Personnel Officer
    Players must complete the side quest "Rising to the Challenge."

However, this quest isn't available and I don't know why.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mholi'to Lihzeh
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    It's not an actuall quest, it's just a short dialogue with the personal officer that unlocks the squadrons, so it doesn't show up on the map. You need to be a disciple of war or magic for the option to become available though.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Florian Nozomu
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I currently have the same problem.
    (0)
    “Courage is the magic that turns dreams into a reality”

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    So youre trying to unlock squadrons and having an issue? Lets look at the pre-reqs again. Minimum level of 47, achieved rank of 2nd lieutenant in your grand company, unlocked the challenge log. In all likelihood, you unlocked the challenge log back when you were roughly level 15(if not, its a quest outta limsa and go do it right away). Your profile lists level 65. To reach that rank in your company you must buy 9 rank ups at a cost of 54k GC seals, you must complete your GC hunting log, and you must complete two quests that have you explore optional dungeons(Dzaemal and Aurum). Once those are complete, go as an adventuring class(level 47+) and talk to the guy from your GC that sells rank-ups. He should have a short dialogue that unlocks squadrons for you. It might not be marked as a quest, but go see him and it should be there anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mholi'to Lihzeh
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonTrifang View Post
    I currently have the same problem.
    You've probably already done the unlock dialogue. Just enter the door in the Adder's Nest and there you are!
    (0)