Main Class
    Paladin Lv 50

[MAC] Client Fails to open after pressing PLAY

Help:

>The client kinda opens
    >Black screen
    >Black screen minimizes
    >Game crashes
    > ERROR MSG: final fantasy xiv quit unexpectedly.

----------------------------------
    Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,3
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2,9 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 8 MB
    Memory: 16 GB
    Boot ROM Version: MBP143.0173.B00
    SMC Version (system): 2.45f0
    (0)
    Last edited by warcel; 06-10-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Player
    Character
    Warcel Greataxe
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 50
    So, I`ve been waiting for some customer service regarding this issue and nothing so far.

As much as I love this game and wanted to make it even greater, I kindly ask for a refound.

How do I refound the mac version and all the upgrades I bought for nothing?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rakuyo Mitani
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    As per the stickied technical support thread:

Support Center representative assistance in the forum will be primarily offered during North American Support Center hours. (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time)
    They won't be able to respond until tomorrow morning at the earliest. For a refund, you'll probably have to call or put in a ticket or live chat for it.
    (1)

Hello warcel, Thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums

I would like to provide you some suggestions to assist with your issue.

The issue you are describing is most associated with interference with the game data. Most of the time, it results from certain security/privacy changes on Safari. Other times it occurs when an application that is running in the background is causing interference, such as Anti-virus software, firewalls, media players, web browsers, etc.

Please make sure all background applications (including anti-virus programs such as Norton, Kaspersky, etc.) have been disabled and/or closed to minimize game interference.

Ensure that the latest version of Safari is installed on your Mac (even if you don't use Safari). Once Safari is up-to-date, please open the Safari browser and make sure that all Browser History and Cookies/Web Data have been DELETED. Please also make sure that "Cookies" are ACCEPTED and not being filtered.

Once these options have been adjusted, please run the Apple Update program to check that all firmware is up-to-date on your Mac OS. Once this process is complete, please re-launch the FINAL FANTASY XIV game.

If the suggestions provided above do not resolve the issue, then there is a communication error.
    Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that the following Port Ranges have been opened/forwarded/triggered:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

Hope to be of assistance!
    Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV! Hope to see you online.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Persistence Felidae
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I know I'm late to the party here, but having the same issue - I found that if I play in full-screen windowed and not full screen mode I can bypass the problem. It seems to have something to do with the 10.13.5 update because Apple's actually posted some interesting things about it on their forums.
    (0)
    It's all about the heals!