Character
    Timmy Strongwolf
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70

Having very annoying graphic tearing issues

https://imgur.com/cwvpgHr

As you can see from the image provided my game is current having graphic tearing issues. I have tried activating vsync, triple buffering, editing the max frame rate aloud, put the graphics as low as possible, updating my drivers, cleaning my graphics card and it hasnt fixed it I have gone onto other games some with the same engine and dont run into this problem and im a little perplexed as what to do.

If anyone knows a solution to my problem that I haven't already tried I could really use your help.

Kind regards Timmy
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Timmy Strongwolf
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    https://imgur.com/Xu3H5E1

Heres another reference image
    (0)

Hello ItzTimmy, Thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums

When did this start? Have you changed anything or had any updates that may coincide with this issue?

Please try the following suggestions:
    - Switch to DirectX 9 mode (select ‘Config’ from the launcher)

- Disable all programs/overlays running in the background

- Perform a clean boot*

- Set compatibility mode to Windows 7/8**

- Make sure that any anti-virus software they have has the appropriate exceptions

- Install game on C drive (The same drive as the Operating System)

*To perform a clean boot for Windows 8/10: Open the task manager and select the 'Start up' Tab. Disable everything here and restart the PC. For Windows 7: Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all. For Mac: Restart the Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. Release the Shift key when you see the login window.

**To change compatibility mode, right click on the exe file (Default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn\boot\ffxivboot.exe), right click it and select ‘Properties.’ Select the ‘Compatibility’ tab and select an earlier version of Windows (most likely 8 or 7).

Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV! Hope to see you online.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Just Kittenaround
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 25
    Hi, post your specs from the tool in the launcher so everyone can see where the trouble might be please
    (0)

Hello!

I think GotAbsinthe07 is talking about system report. Here is how you do that.

Can you submit a FFXIV system report? Simply go to the 'Config' option on the Final Fantasy XIV launcher and to the right of 'System Information' click on 'Display.'

Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV! Hope to see you online.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Timmy Strongwolf
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Thank you!, switching to DirectX 9 fixed the problem works perfectly now
    (0)

Thank you for the update ItzTimmy.

We are glad you were able to resolve the issue.

This thread will be moved to the 'Support Center Resolved' subforum as the thread creator has found a resolution to their issue.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)