Player
    Character
    Seiya Laiay
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekimmak View Post
    I'll be fair, I don't buy upgrades for the 50-60 or 60-70 levelling range, and simply wear augmented ironworks/shire gear until I can get the next tomestone sets.

Does make some of the class quests rather harsh, though.
    I don't think there is absolutely anything wrong with that. The ironworks/shiregear is still plenty good past 55/65 and gear between that and 60/70 doesn't add so much that it turns a dungeon in that range even close to overly difficult if you never switched till the next 10th level.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Baudouin Anjou
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by zuzu-bq View Post
    I had a DRK with IronWorks greatsword on Castrum Abania once. I just left because people didn't want to kick them.
    In these cases I just afk to read something or play Honkai.
    (0)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    LOL is this thread for real? While I will agree there are some instances I've seen this there are at a minimum ilevel requirements. It's not like the dungeons are that hard to begin with if you have competent people. Then again I guess it depends on what server your in or I've just been lucky. SE is to blame to some extend. This is what happens when you nerf an easy game to begin with and make players incompetent in the common sense factor. We can't forget however that everyone pays a sub fee so they can play any way they like. Even if it is the dumbest way and expect people to carry them. What's next blaming mentors for it as well ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyx Arianrhod
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I ran siren song sea as a bis tank a few times, and the dps are literally wearing level 50 gear. I tell them about it and they are like so...., this is when I say kick me or them. The choice is often the person that is geared and knows the game. It's okay, I'm a tank, I get instant queue, I just do it for tomes and seals anyway.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Driskus Blackstone
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ManuelBravo View Post
    LOL is this thread for real? While I will agree there are some instances I've seen this there are at a minimum ilevel requirements. It's not like the dungeons are that hard to begin with if you have competent people. Then again I guess it depends on what server your in or I've just been lucky. SE is to blame to some extend. This is what happens when you nerf an easy game to begin with and make players incompetent in the common sense factor. We can't forget however that everyone pays a sub fee so they can play any way they like. Even if it is the dumbest way and expect people to carry them. What's next blaming mentors for it as well ?
    You're lucky. Being on the same data center as you, I see them just about every day. The dungeons are hard when you go into a level 61+ dungeon with a tank in level 50 gear.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ManuelBravo View Post
    LOL is this thread for real?
    I dont see it very often, but i do recognize it as a problem. My BLM could strip naked, equip a level 1 weathered staff, and que for the level 69 dungeon. I wouldnt have enough HP to survive anything that happened in the dungeon, and i wouldnt do enough damage to meaningfully contribute in any way during the moments that i was alive. But the system would let me que and waste 3 other peoples time.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Iyami Galvayra
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Adding onto this, can job crystals be required for anything past, say, normal Brayflox or Titan? There's no real reason to allow a conjurer in Rabanastre or an archer in Hells' Lid.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mixt Bell
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Back when i was levelling my other classes i got a lot of incidents like this.

1) Like when i was levelling Astrologian and got put into Sirensong Sea with a tank who only had 8k HP.
    It was completely impossible to keep him alive, even doing nothing but spamming heals he flat out died in between GCD's.
    Then the mobs turned and killed the rest of us, so we wiped over and over and over and over.

And the tank just yells at me for being a bad healer.
    Trying to explain that it is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to keep him alive when he has such low gear just made him angrier.

2) Then there was the DPS with gear so terrible that killing things took so long, and we died so much from the healer running out of MP mid-fight, that the instance timed out before we reached the final boss.

3) Or the healer who got instagibbed by every little thing, and healed so little that even this games weaksauce mobs were able to outdamage his heals and kill the tank...

And many more such incidents.

So yes, this is just absurd.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Driskus Blackstone
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    #1 sounds like one I had a few weeks after Stormblood came out. PLD tank that was still in i120 level 50 gear. He even exaggerated it by constantly doing wall to wall pulls. We somehow slowly pushed our way to the final boss where he finally ragequit because of all the wipes. He was of course blaming me the entire way, despite literally spamming Cure II the entire dungeon. I did zero DPS other than Assize all the way up to the final boss because of it.

Also had a Susano once with a DPS who only had 11k HP. That one got votekicked after the first wipe due to failed DPS check. He literally couldn&t survive a single party-wide AoE because it does a lot more than 11k damage with the garbage gear he had on. This was also not long after SB released so nobody was in max gear yet, and the DPS check wasn&t as easy as it is with everybody overgeared now.

EDIT: Just had one today (7/2/18) in Bardam's. Tank was a WAR in low-end 60 gear on the left side, and mostly 50 accessories, with a 170 weapon. Couldn't hold more than a single target for very long of course, and every auto-attack he took was basically a tank buster. Gave him a chance ( I usually won't anymore) and we managed to clear after almost 40 minutes. I had to mostly go pure healer mode. More than one or two DPS spells and I would pull mobs. DPS likely queued with him, because they sided with the tank the entire way. Final boss was literally a game of russian roulette, Yol edition. There's no reason someone that far undergeared should even be allowed in, even if its barely possible to clear.
    (1)
    Last edited by Driskus; 07-03-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Player
    Character
    Fumiri Shina
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Soooooooooo... You got some bad rolls? I'ma be honest I've played this game since Alpha and not once have I ever seen a tank lose hate while in their respective tank stance UNLESS they were outgeared by the dps. The Enmity isn't the tanks problem, it's the fact that you outgeared him. Does it suck? Yes. Oh well. The only way people are going to get geared is by having to sometimes suffer through dungeons that aren't always nessecarily the best for them.
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast