Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

The Gold Saucer Game Furnishings are Too Big

Yes I know there are some screenshots in the page for the event but they didn't prepare for how much just one can dominate a room.

My fc has a medium house and I'm struggling to get even one to fit without it appearing like it takes up far too much space. Never mind three. I am going to have to refurnish a lot of the house if I want these to look like they're installed in a remotely sensible manner, while not getting rid of other furnishings fc members enjoy.

I feel like these could only look really good in a mansion, because only those houses have enough space for such gigantic furniture to look good without eclipsing everything else around them.

I feel sorry for anyone who was hoping to fit them nicely into an apartment.

I really think SE should have given us mini versions instead of these geographical features.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    The screenshots definitely prepared people for how big they were going to be since they included tiled flooring and pilasters for scale. If you weren't prepared, you probably do very little decorating. Everything about the Gold Saucer is built on a grand scale so I'm not sure why you were expecting something different.

You can fit all 3 into a medium on the same floor but it means dedicating the floor to the theme. I'm already making plans for my alt's FC house since she does their decorating and the FC leader wants a game room upstairs. I've got one machine already with the other 2 coming tomorrow. I'm not seeing a problem putting them in and including a casual bar area.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I will probably hold off on them until I get a mansion. Definitely not tearing down the stuff I worked so hard on for a couple of games.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raide Duku
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I don't know about all of them, but the Cuff-the-Cur one phases into the wall quite nicely and you can make it a bit compact.

(6)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    If you weren't prepared, you probably do very little decorating.
    I do decorate a lot actually, and I did get them to fit but it wasn't without a lot of chopping and changing.

My main problem is even in a medium house they very much dominate the room. My fc used to be in a cottage before...we'd have had to gut so much stuff just to get these games to fit. Don't even want to think about doing this in an apartment.

I got it to work me, but that doesn't mean I now magically think it's okay. It's not. This isn't like other large furnishings in which you can settle for smaller if it's something like a table or a couch. If you want the gold saucer games, it's these massive monoliths or nothing. Considering most players who have housing only have small spaces to work with, I feel the massive size of these furnishings is pretty damn unfair.

As a sidenote it would have been awesome if there were outdoor versions.
    (1)
    Last edited by Penthea; 06-09-2018 at 01:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zeizei Zeloo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    It would have been nice if they had miniaturized them just a little bit, but I'm also aware that that probably would have been a massive headache for animations when people are actually using the games. I managed to fit two into my FC chambers, but that basketball game is just a no go in anything less than a medium. What I'd really like is for the games to be usable by guests.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazei View Post
    What I'd really like is for the games to be usable by guests.
    If that were possible I would have just converted one of my alt's fc rooms to a game room.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Titor Jaraba
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    It’s too big even for a mansion unless the whole basement is dedicated to it. I’m all for larger furnishings but it’s too large
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I'll have to post pictures of what I did with my alt's FC house. It's just a medium and there was plenty of room left for a casual bar along some additional seating as I expected. Things don't even feel crowded.

If people think they're too big for their houses, there's always the Gold Saucer to visit. It's not like these are unique furnishings with function that's available nowhere else.

https://imgur.com/a/jVTS3ij
    (3)
    Last edited by Jojoya; 06-09-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Character
    Rastiana Bel'briar
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I dunno what I was expecting... I was hoping to put the cuff-a-cur in my clubs basement like an arcade machine but it just won't fit.... oh well another housing item to rot in storage.... they should give us an option to sell it back for like 1/2 the mgp purchase price...
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast