Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45
  1. #31
    Player
    XiXiQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    574
    Character
    Xixi Eclipse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    Having bulk things listed at cheaper prices is fine but that's no reason not to give people the option to allow things they sell to be breakable stacks.

    allowing that is fine, as long as the seller retains control over the price AND volume.


    A lot are not asking for that, however. They just want to pick off a few from the lowest priced stack. If they didn't want to do that, they could just buy the smaller stacks and individual items. If the market board is filled with nothing but stacks on a particular server, that's more likely a bot issue than a market one.



    and given the complexity of the price per volume system, if SE ever implements this, I know which model they'll use. The quick/easy one for them.
    (1)

  2. #32
    Player
    Dzian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    1,810
    Character
    Dzian Cielo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by XiXiQ View Post
    A lot are not asking for that, however. They just want to pick off a few from the lowest priced stack. If they didn't want to do that, they could just buy the smaller stacks and individual items. If the market board is filled with nothing but stacks on a particular server, that's more likely a bot issue than a market one.
    I don't think anyone has said that they want to break the cheapest stacks

    What they want is just to be able to buy just what they need.
    If I need 6 leather hides. Then I want to be able to buy 6 leather hides.

    Not 4 not 7, not 10 not 20 or 99. But 6 only 6.

    Quote Originally Posted by XiXiQ View Post
    allowing that is fine, as long as the seller retains control over the price AND volume..
    The seller did even in 1.23. There was a little tick box when listing something that allowed or disallowed the sale of part stacks. It was the sellers choice if theybtickedbit or not.

    Hence my earlier example
    A seller could list 99ningots with that box untickedcat 2k each. So you had to buy all 99.

    AND they could list 99 with that box ticked at 4k each. And let players buy exactly what they need from that more expensive stack.. if they want 6 they buy 6. If they want 10 they buy 10.. note they'd be buying them from the 4k stack not the 2k stack.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dzian; 07-05-2018 at 03:21 PM.

  3. #33
    Player
    Elamys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    1,337
    Character
    Cerise Leclaire
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    So if the market board is costco, then where is Wal-Mart?

    There is no other system in place to purchase most stuff in the game? This is why a lot of people end up gathering there own materials.

    Which is actually bad for the economy because
    A: less gil circulates when p,Ayers don't buy things
    B: saturated supply of materials with heavily reduced demand.. equals significantly reduced value.
    As someone else pointed out I very rarely see an item that is sold ENTIRELY in huge stacks. you can almost always find a smaller stack. this coming from a server infested with bots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    I don't think anyone has said that they want to break the cheapest stacks

    What they want is just to be able to buy just what they need.
    most active sellers price their smaller stacks a little higher, because most people are willing to pay a premium per item to get specifically the amount they need. so yes, people do want to break the cheapest stacks.
    (2)

    cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

  4. #34
    Player
    Dzian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    1,810
    Character
    Dzian Cielo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    most active sellers price their smaller stacks a little higher, because most people are willing to pay a premium per item to get specifically the amount they need. so yes, people do want to break the cheapest stacks.
    That is an epic contradiction.
    You are saying people do want to break the cheapest stacks and then you say people are also willing to pay more to get specifically the amount tbey need.

    What makes it epic is you say both those things in one sentence..

    Logically if people are willing to pay a premium to buy specific amounts to there needs they do not want to break the cheapest stacks...
    (0)

  5. #35
    Player
    MistakeNot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    939
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post

    Logically if people are willing to pay a premium to buy specific amounts to there needs they do not want to break the cheapest stacks...
    Wrong.
    They would like to break up the cheapest stacks to buy a specific amount of items cheaply, but since they can't do that they are willing to pay slightly more per item for a small stack instead of buying a large stack - the point being that they are more interested in the total price than in the price per item.
    .
    (3)

  6. #36
    Player
    Solarra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    586
    Character
    Solara Flynn
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I'm not in favour of this as a seller. It would definitely have an effect on the market but long-term it might not be beneficial.
    Right now there are incentives to sell small quantities (higher price) or to sell in bulk (lower unit price but significantly more gil per sale), remove those incentives and I'm not sure how it would affect things.

    I suspect people getting items from dungeons, treasure maps etc that are available elsewhere, would suddenly find their small quantities are not worth a retainer slot to sell, since they would be competing with bulk sellers who tend to price low.
    Initially I'd expect prices to drop for small purchases and rise for bulk-buying as bulk sellers see their stacks being split and adjust accordingly.
    With the discount for bulk purchases gone, less people will bulk-buy which will mean less items sold. If that happens, then some sellers may drop out of the market as they cannot sell their goods or are left with part stacks on their hands taking up retainer slots. The more retainers a seller has the less impact that would have, but for people with only 2 retainers, the limited selling slots will really hurt.
    If this has the effect of driving some sellers out of markets due to low turnover, there is the potential for the market to be controlled by a few people and long-term prices may actually rise overall. It may also encourage botting as it will be easier to sell in large stacks as there will be no competition from small sellers.

    Pure speculation of course, but I don't think tinkering with a game-economy that works fairly well for most people is something that should be undertaken lightly.
    (2)
    Last edited by Solarra; 07-07-2018 at 06:52 PM. Reason: the word limit... thought we got rid of that

  7. #37
    Player
    Elamys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    1,337
    Character
    Cerise Leclaire
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    That is an epic contradiction.
    You are saying people do want to break the cheapest stacks and then you say people are also willing to pay more to get specifically the amount tbey need.

    What makes it epic is you say both those things in one sentence..

    Logically if people are willing to pay a premium to buy specific amounts to there needs they do not want to break the cheapest stacks...
    They do it now because there is no option to break up the stack. If there was an option to break the stack, that would obviously change.
    (3)

    cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

  8. #38
    Player
    Nixxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    978
    Character
    Nixx Delumi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    The big stacks absolutely sell. If they don't, the seller has every incentive to adjust to correct the issue. You're proposing a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. The market can already handle it.
    (3)

  9. #39
    Player
    Remyogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    133
    Character
    Burn Cykle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Well, I spent ~8mil gil re-melding my gathering and crafting gear on Monday. As of last night, I am back to more than what I had before my purchases on Monday; all from sales of large stacks of gathered mats and crafted consumables. I'd say they sell pretty well and there is absolutely no motivation for me to cater to the "I only want 1 or 2" person unless they are willing to pay a hefty premium.
    (0)

  10. #40
    Player
    Pyrowin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1
    Character
    Aria Darkblade
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 27
    As a new player to FFXIV, but with thirteen years in others MMO, I was surprised when I first encountered the fixed selling quantities. I spent a while trying to find what I had missed in the UI to allow me as a buyer to purchase just the quantity that I needed.
    However, once I realized that it is by design, I would not change it. I purchased some wood that was highly priced per item, but available in a small quantity. It allows sellers to price in a manner that is not just a dash to the bottom.
    (3)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast