Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Avellin Adorel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I can't stand when people sell an item in stacks of 99. I'll often pay more per item to only buy the 1 or 2 that I need. I'm not paying for 99 of something I'll only use once.

I honestly loved how the GW2 system worked. You still sell the items for the price you put them up for.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    K'nahli Yohko
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 89
    This threw me off at first way back in the beginning but I later learned that it was a good thing. I get that it can be inconvenient at times, especially when there are only a few listings, but look on the bright side; if there are really nothing other than 99 stacks then you have an opportunity to buy one of those stacks, take what you need and then re-sell the remainder that you don't need in smaller quantities at higher prices. That way, people like you who only want a few items and are willing to pay a premium for the smaller stack will skip right to yours, and then, not only did you get what you wanted, you spun a profit from it too.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Burn Cykle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Knahli View Post
    This threw me off at first way back in the beginning but I later learned that it was a good thing. I get that it can be inconvenient at times, especially when there are only a few listings, but look on the bright side; if there are really nothing other than 99 stacks then you have an opportunity to buy one of those stacks, take what you need and then re-sell the remainder that you don't need in smaller quantities at higher prices. That way, people like you who only want a few items and are willing to pay a premium for the smaller stack will skip right to yours, and then, not only did you get what you wanted, you spun a profit from it too.
    This person understands how to make money off FFXIV economics.
    (2)

Character
    Sophie Anime
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Terrible idea. Defeats the purpose of even selling or buying anything, I would go as far as to say as playing the game. Takes all the freedom out of the market.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Cain Alushaun
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 78
    Quote Originally Posted by Knahli View Post
    exactly.

...not that i've been able to sell anything the last 2 weeks. But this exactly what i been saying.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Barraind Faylestar
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I honestly loved how the GW2 system worked. You still sell the items for the price you put them up for.
    I MUCH prefer that option. Or WoW's. Or Everquests. Or basically any other game, as both a high-volume seller and high-volume buyer.

I want to be able to list items at the cost they're worth to me, in one stack, and be done with it. I dont want to spend half a retainer slot sorting out a stack of things you arent ever going to buy more than 4 of at a time into stacks of 4. I want to list all x many, at one price, and let people buy them.

Similarily, I want to walk to a mb and buy the X cheapest Y items in as few button presses as possible and be done with it.

14's system is clunky, takes way too much time, and is just blaaah compared to basically any other games auction house / market board / bazaar system. Its the least friendly for both buying and selling (and given its exceptionally limited to how much you can sell...) and I spend significant amounts of time hating it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nixx Delumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Barraind View Post
    I MUCH prefer that option. Or WoW's. Or Everquests. Or basically any other game, as both a high-volume seller and high-volume buyer.

I want to be able to list items at the cost they're worth to me, in one stack, and be done with it. I dont want to spend half a retainer slot sorting out a stack of things you arent ever going to buy more than 4 of at a time into stacks of 4. I want to list all x many, at one price, and let people buy them.

Similarily, I want to walk to a mb and buy the X cheapest Y items in as few button presses as possible and be done with it.

14's system is clunky, takes way too much time, and is just blaaah compared to basically any other games auction house / market board / bazaar system. Its the least friendly for both buying and selling (and given its exceptionally limited to how much you can sell...) and I spend significant amounts of time hating it.
    WoW's AH is pretty dependent on addons to take full advantage of it though. Unless SE would bake something like TSM into the game, which would be ludicrous, I'll stick with the FFXIV MB.

What you describe as your desired situation is precisely why I hate GW2's player trading system. It just bottoms out prices in a hurry, which is great for players who never interact with the economy except to buy, but terrible for everyone else. Players who are too broke to afford things should just sell stuff on the MB and fix their problem, rather than ask SE to ruin it for everyone.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tattersail Nightwish
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    I thought it was irritating as first (I'm a "new" player, playing only since May).
    When you don't have a lot of money, it 's very frustrating especially as a crafter. Leveling my Weaver I couldn't afford the Flax on the board at all. Not in the stacks of 50, 99 that people were selling.
    So it motivated me to get a botanist going, up to the point where I could gather flax. I figured that as a Weaver, this would only get worse as I leveled, so I kept leveling the Botanist.

SO. Now that I have some money, I'll buy the larger stacks if I have to, and if it isn't something I know I really use a lot, I'll use what I need then throw the rest right back on the board, pretty much for what I bought it for (maybe a tad higher), knowing that it will sell.

I think the most simple practical argument against the smaller lots is the number of items per sale on a retainer. If they lifted that can you imagine how bogged down the MB would get?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yui Tenshi
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    If this happens, most of my profits will diminish since I sell single pieces for a premium when most sales are just small quantities. When sales favor stacks, then I sell stacks but at the cheapest price possible.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Caiko Kitteh
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I treat selling like the commercial economist. I sell cheaper in large batches and I will raise the low batches to cost the same as a stack of what I sell. so either way I make the same. Supply and demand. So take your pick on what you want. I am more than happy to raise my prices for lower quantity if that is what you would like. or you can buy the stack and resell what you don't need.
    (1)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast