Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Crafted vs Mendacity

Curious on this since it's hard to find solid stat weights for Dex vs Secondaries.

As a crafter, I have 350 max pentamelded accessories for my NIN. I can upgrade to 370 mendacity accessories, in which case after melds my stats are changed by:

+14 Dex
    -58 Secondary

Does the Dex still outweigh the secondaries, and if so to the point where there's any noticable difference worth spending Mendacity for?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Is 14 DEX worth more than 58 secondary stats? Yes. The last list of stat weights I saw for Stormblood put secondaries at roughly 0.15 of a main stat (which makes 14 DEX roughly equivalent to 93 secondaries). Even if secondaries were worth 0.2 of a main stat, the 14 DEX would still win, but only barely (14 DEX would then be worth 70 secondaries).

Is it a noticeable difference? Goodness, no.

If you've been running savage and you just have upgrade items lying around, sure feel free to upgrade; what else are you going to do with it? If you're not running savage, and you're spending your weekly Ridorana token, then you're probably better off upgrading armor first, since the DEX boost is going to be higher on armor.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raldo; 06-07-2018 at 06:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Hm, there's a bunch of comments about that post being an April fools since it's based on an infinite dummy auto-attack parse.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Oh, well shoot. That went right over my head. This is why April Fool's is dumb, folks.

There's this, if you want to try to trudge through it.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...o_stat_values/

I fully understand that the concept of "stat weights" is flawed, but I really wish someone in the know would give us plebs some general rule of thumb to use.

Without any external evidence, I'd still say you probably won't notice the difference between an i370 accessory, and a max-melded i350 one. My BRD is sitting on 2768 DEX. 14 DEX is 0.5% of that. The difference between 14 DEX vs 58 secondaries is a comparison so small, it's insignificant. I'd just keep wearing what you're wearing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raldo; 06-07-2018 at 06:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Closest I can find is...

"Really no idea, but generally in previous stat weights primary stat has been 3-4 times more valuable than the next closest stat for dps"
    Hard to tell without real concrete evidence, but if that was true the 370 could even be a miniscule downgrade. Seems a rather debated topic. Will stick to what I have for now anyway, cheers
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    There exists some cases (looking at you tanks) where the crafted accesories are absolutely better then the tome ones.
    Normally main stats outweight substats in case of Ninja Dexterity. What you could always do is go to the Ariyala Website and make 2 builds, one with crafted accesories and one with Mendacity and then compare.
    Myself i have a mix of Mendacity and Diamond which is bis, but in case you do not raid crafted should be fine.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ari Dyones
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    There exists some cases (looking at you tanks) where the crafted accesories are absolutely better then the tome ones.
    It's true that tanks get the most out of crafted accessories, because 370 ones only give +1 STR per item.

BUT it's also the case for healers and proc-jobs like BRD, and certain other ones.
    E.g. for healers: if both high item-level variations have PIETY on them, and crafted ones got CRIT+DET, then pentamelded crafted ones are slightly better. The addional usefull secondary stats outweight the main stat loss.
    Same for BRD if they get no CRIT from tome/savage items.

But don't get fooled, some of the best players have different sets with and without pentamelded gear, the different is about ~0.1% (except for tanks) so you will most like not even notice anything when switching gear to the "better" pentamelded version. And, if you ain't playing meta comp, you'll probably do less with crafted.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Since you are playing NIN - I will have to assume PING is not an issue for you. e.g. your ping is in 90-120 range.
    SKS is valuable until you reach a 2.0x GCD.
    After that CRIT > DET

So mix and match the gear to give yourself the appropriate GCD, followed by the most CRIT. The damage difference between 14 DEX and 60 CRIT will be negligible.
    The damage difference between a 2.0x and 2.45 GCD when leveraged is very significant over a long fight such as any raid boss.
    (0)