Character
    Miyaka Vigiles
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70

Gearing PLD in 4.3

Hello beautiful ppl!

I have played after SB launch and stopped shortly after 4.1 came out. My PLD is 336.

I came back couple days ago and barly managed to cap the new tomes before server went down, that is the only thing I was able to do.

Money is not a big issue, so my question is...

Should I skip 24-man gear, skip tome gear and get a full 360 crafted set?

Unless some crafted pieces are really bad.

Ofc I will l still do 24-man for alt gear and will be capping tomes each week aswell.
    I am asking to get a jump start in order to go into Savage asap.

To me it seems odd that crafted is on par with tome gear. I didn't expect crafted gear to be upgraded from 350-> 360. Not to mention a weapon aswell, which puts it just barly behind the primal weapon (I am going for the Primal weapon myself).

What do you think guys?

---------------------------------------------

UPDATE: So after checking PLD 4.2 BiS on Ariyala it seems I need to craft right side either way. Guess I will fill left side with 24-man/Tome gear.
    (0)
    Last edited by Miyaka_Vigiles; 06-05-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Minati Illu
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Keep enough mendacity tomestone to buy the chestpiece and the boots, that you can both upgrade to ilvl 370 with the weekly tokens from Rabanastre and Ridorana. And if you go to Ridorana, you can try to get a piece of gear each week.

The crafted (and then augmented) gear is the easiest option but also the most expensive. Most people ask for an ilvl around 355 for the new primal ex.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shao Kuraisenshi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Dont buy the crafting accesories except you want to optimice you damage, the acc are like just 2% increse more or less and no mandatory at all, dont waste you Gil if you dont have much, is better get tomestome and sigma gear for free.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dax Valeon
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    If you plan on going for the crafted right side you don't want to augment it to 360. It removes the ability for advanced melding/the point of using crafted gear in the first place.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Miyaka Vigiles
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Casualty View Post
    If you plan on going for the crafted right side you don't want to augment it to 360. It removes the ability for advanced melding/the point of using crafted gear in the first place.
    Damn! Didn't know that, thx for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by shao32 View Post
    Dont buy the crafting accesories except you want to optimice you damage, the acc are like just 2% increse more or less and no mandatory at all, dont waste you Gil if you dont have much, is better get tomestome and sigma gear for free.
    Really? Thats a bit disappointing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lala Yuki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Materia prices are lower than ever so crafted accessories probably aren't super expensive tbh and even if you don't penta, quad or even tri melded will still be better than mendacity/diamond accessories. But since we're p late in the tier, you can probably opt out of them.
    (0)
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/12116351/

Player
    Character
    Chocolate Waffle
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    i sold my arm and legs for pentamelds when sigma came out :<
    (0)