Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Lissandra Heartwine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I excitedly put one in the front yard of my fc's house, and in the inside day 1 of the patch. Not a single message or like still and I'm on the most populated realm to boot. I guess the passia skin scares people away...haha. Or the decorating is bad? XD
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rosalyn Valeroyant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    I stumbled upon a house with the yard guest book, and signed it telling them to clear their stable (complimented their house as well, because it was beautifully decorated).

My fc is just thinking about using the guest book as a way to leave IC notes for the fc members, since it isn't often people come through the wards, or so it seems. I can't imagine we'll be getting many guests to actually use all 10 pages of the book.

I do really hope they find a way to put an icon or something on a house when there is a guest book. I would hunt them down in every ward.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kio Solais
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    I support this as well! I really enjoy the creative things people do with their homes so I was super excited about the guestbook feature. Only I can't find any, and if I hadn't told my friends about mine I doubt they would have looked for it. The guestbook sparkles when the owner receives a new message. Maybe have it sparkle for the visitor when they have yet to leave a message for the owner?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I don't know that the symbol is necessarily needed or even a good thing. Some owners enjoy having people look around their homes but may not want to have a message book and the lack of one may discourage people from looking if their sole intent to leave messages/likes.

About the only useful thing I could see coming from it would be if people started a game of "hide the message book" and the symbol would confirm that there actually is one placed somewhere on the plot to be found. A lot of houses have "hidden" rooms and owners could see how many people find them based on the likes/messages that get left if the message book is placed in such a room.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I keep two message books. One outside just in front of a pillar next to the front door and one directly inside on a desk in front of my house maid. All the comments I've gotten have been from FC mates.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amon Kujaku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 8
    I house raid all the time anyway, but this would be very beneficial!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ameme Ame'klin
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I have chosen to note in my greeting that I have a guestbook. That seems like the best way to do it at the moment.

I've got an FC my RP alt leads on Coeurl (weird, I know) and both we and our neighbors have guestbooks, so everyone tends to pop in and check out each others' work from time to time, as well as leave messages since we all have guestbooks now
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xevia Vanothy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Maybe have it sparkle for the visitor when they have yet to leave a message for the owner?
    Good suggestion.

Adding to the suggestion list, the game should tell you if you have any new messages in your book each time you logg in. Right now, you only get a notification if you are online when messages are posted (I think). They should also add a counter to the housing options window showing how many new messages you have.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2