Player
    Character
    Xevia Vanothy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

QoL suggestion - Let us know at a glance which houses has a message book

For the first time ever since housing was introduced, I have actually bothered to go and check out other people's houses. Though it would be a lot more fun you could more easily see which houses has either an indoor or outdoor message book. That way you can prioritize which houses to check out first.

Please add an icon to houses on the map to show if they have an message book, indoors or outdoors. Add an icon to the estate profile as well so you can see while you browse wards from the city-state aetheryte.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Mute Shellback
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I feel like being able to leave more than just one message a day would be a better change, but yes, it'd make house hunting even easier if you could see at a glance whether the owner has a book or not.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Yeah, I went through my whole ward looking for message books. Not a single one outside and the few houses I went into had none. Couldn't spend the time going into all of them and searching around.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Keridwyn Maeve
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyAmIHere View Post
    I feel like being able to leave more than just one message a day would be a better change, but yes, it'd make house hunting even easier if you could see at a glance whether the owner has a book or not.
    This, so much. Since the feature came out I've started glancing in every yard looking for an outdoor book and peeking in houses to see if there's an obvious indoor book. Twice I've left a message at a nice place only to come across one a little bit later that I had to wait till the next day to come back and congratulate the owner on what they've done. I mean we put these books out there for a reason right? It's because we'd like folks to drop by and we'd like to know they did if we missed them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynehild Westknight
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    it'd make house hunting even easier if you could see at a glance whether the owner has a book or not.
    I don't follow. If a house is active it must have a book and if there's no book it must be inactive? I don't see how having a book or not could tell you anything about when or if a plot will become available.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mute Shellback
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien_Gamer View Post
    I don't follow. If a house is active it must have a book and if there's no book it must be inactive? I don't see how having a book or not could tell you anything about when or if a plot will become available.
    house hunting in this sense meaning "hunting for a house to leave a message at," not "to buy for myself/FC."
    Sorry, barely functioning when I wrote that so I wasn't the clearest.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xevia Vanothy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryaz View Post
    Yeah, I went through my whole ward looking for message books. Not a single one outside and the few houses I went into had none. Couldn't spend the time going into all of them and searching around.
    I went into every house on my ward, both divisions. Only 5, 6 houses had a message book which meant a lot of wasted time going in and out of houses. Visiting houses would be a fun thing to do on sunday and/or monday evenings when you are maxed on tomestones, done all your weekly stuff and have less stuff to do in the game. That is if they do this QoL suggestion. ´

If people have a message book, it more likely means that the owners have spent time making their house to look as good as possible.

What's the point of housing (in a MMO) if you have no interest in showing it off? (a general question, not directed only at you)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cynehild Westknight
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    house hunting in this sense meaning "hunting for a house to leave a message at," not "to buy for myself/FC."
    Sorry, barely functioning when I wrote that so I wasn't the clearest.
    Ah, I understand now. Personally I don't really care about the books but it would be a nice QoL change for those that do.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by OskarXCI View Post
    I went into every house on my ward, both divisions. Only 5, 6 houses had a message book which meant a lot of wasted time going in and out of houses. Visiting houses would be a fun thing to do on sunday and/or monday evenings when you are maxed on tomestones, done all your weekly stuff and have less stuff to do in the game. That is if they do this QoL suggestion. ´

If people have a message book, it more likely means that the owners have spent time making their house to look as good as possible.

What's the point of housing (in a MMO) if you have no interest in showing it off? (a general question, not directed only at you)
    Some people just use it for convenience (vendors, armoire, training dummies, retainer and aesthetician, etc). Personally, I enjoy decorating my house. Housing has sort become end game for me. My main goal is a mansion in Shiro one day.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sachi Mizora
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Yes please! I went searching for houses and found that none of them had the books :C
    Would love to have this feature for convenience sake.
    (0)

| IGN: Sachi Mizora | World: Jenova | ARTIST @SachiMizora on Twitter | STREAMER @SachiMizora on Twitch |

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast