Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Marshal Renew
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Open world turns into 'zerging' down people. Not really a fun game mode.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Bubble'gum Blue
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 53
    I'm not sure if Open World PvP would be a good idea when the skill gap between veterans and average players is pretty wide. O.o

I'm not saying it's impossible to have an Open World PvP instance, but first... I think there should be something in place to enable average players to know the basics of PvP. Otherwise, people will just be immersing themselves into a world that is designed to allow knowledgeable, highly skilled, or blood-thirsty Feast Top 100's to farm them to the point of uninstalling the game. XD lmao
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xixi Eclipse
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    PvP in regular game areas - no way. There would be a conga-line of @wipes at every open world NPC during the main quest line.

They could possibly re-purpose diadem #1. You can all go in there and kill each other all day - but frankly, I suspect it would be a very lonely place.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kidria Scyen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Open world PvP doesn't fit into FF14 because FF14 is lore and story driven. The PvP that exists is basically "training" and is funneled into designated zones for a reason, and lore/story states that's because the nations are still trying to be united. Open world PvP works for games like WoW because you have two factions locked in eternal war. Yes, I know, games out there exist with open PvP without 'dual factions' (I believe TERA and Black Desert are prominent ones? Didn't play BDO tho so I dunno the story there) but there's little to no substance there outside basically slaking your bloodlust and that just kinda doesn't fit here.

Could there be a PvP zone you walk into freely? Sure. The other thread had that idea, and it sounded very Alterac Valley to me. Open world? Nope. This just isn't the game meant for it. Most of the player base I've experienced, even in the PvP I've done, are doing it as a way to cap tomestones and get the new glam/emote stuff. The people that do it for PvP seem very few and far between.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Bubble'gum Blue
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 53
    Yeah, I agree with this too. Final Fantasy XIV is a story driven game, and PvP wasn't the primary focus of this MMO to begin with. Therefore, the majority of the player base are Final Fantasy fans that are immersed in this game's plot or raid content, and wouldn't want to step into an Open World... because no story driven player wants to see his/her loved Warrior of Light character get smashed into pieces by a random person with a Diamond Wolf title above his humorous name. To put it in another context: If you ever played a match against a premade team of top tier players in Frontlines, it's NOT a fun experience what-so-ever (except for me, because it's funny to see my teammates spilling salt all over my chatbox. LMAO). I can only imagine how bad the experience is to those new or inexperienced Warriors of Light stepping into such a situation, and it's just Frontlines too.

So yeah, probably not good for this game IMO, especially when the plot of the story doesn't revolve around a war between Eorzea's great city-states. Neither could your character join the Garlean Empire. But definitely something that works well for BDO, because the game and the players there are different than here.
    (0)
    Last edited by Astrophysx; 06-18-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Wyvern Heart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Again the story bit was taken care of and we're not asking for the entire eorzean map to be open world but a zone with lore and all. We want pvp fates, and go factions to take place and matter. We want there to be an over all struggle for the zone with rewards . If you don't want to take park. Fine, don't come.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Come on people, stop just reading the title and assuming things.

A lot of PVP-ers when they say "Open world" are not talking about what you're thinking it's about. Most of them just mean a way to do pvp without having to sit in a queue. Think of it like Eureka - you just get in and do stuff. PVP only, PVP fates, maybe server-timed events (similar to how the GATE in the gold saucer are at specific times), maybe repeatable quests for doing things inside the pvp zone. Maybe gathering nodes for things that would normally be in timed nodes for those brave enough to do so (but nothing new so pve-ers can stick to the timed nodes in the normal pve zones)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...world-PvP-Zone
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...he-West-Shroud
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Altria Pendragons
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Squintina View Post
    Come on people, stop just reading the title and assuming things.

A lot of PVP-ers when they say "Open world" are not talking about what you're thinking it's about. Most of them just mean a way to do pvp without having to sit in a queue. Think of it like Eureka - you just get in and do stuff. PVP only, PVP fates, maybe server-timed events (similar to how the GATE in the gold saucer are at specific times), maybe repeatable quests for doing things inside the pvp zone. Maybe gathering nodes for things that would normally be in timed nodes for those brave enough to do so (but nothing new so pve-ers can stick to the timed nodes in the normal pve zones)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...world-PvP-Zone
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...he-West-Shroud
    Oh, you mean like wintergrasp and tol barad?
    That didnt work too well on WoW isnt it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bubble'gum Blue
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 53
    Yeah, maybe I’m assuming things about this suggestion. Okay, so overall... what’s being suggested here is a PvP instance akin to Eureka, and not a true “open world”. No problem with that idea.

May I add to the suggestion: If the devs are gonna go through with the idea of a Eureka style PvP instance, make it so that pre-made teams are NOT allowed to enter, and that it’s “battle royal”. If it’s every player for themselves, it levels the playing field a bit and prevents any one party from completely dominating the instance. ^_^

Eureka style PvP... O.o
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kidria Scyen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrophysx View Post
    Yeah, maybe I’m assuming things about this suggestion. Okay, so overall... what’s being suggested here is a PvP instance akin to Eureka, and not a true “open world”. No problem with that idea.

May I add to the suggestion: If the devs are gonna go through with the idea of a Eureka style PvP instance, make it so that pre-made teams are NOT allowed to enter, and that it’s “battle royal”. If it’s every player for themselves, it levels the playing field a bit and prevents any one party from completely dominating the instance. ^_^

Eureka style PvP... O.o
    inb4 "Train party" for PvP FATEs and for hunting down high ranked players.
    (1)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast