Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lucia Miku
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    They haven't even managed to make a respectable instanced pvp zone, what makes you think they have any interest at all in making a persistant one?
    The vast majority of people even doing pvp at all are only in it for glamours they can bring outside of pvp or even more likely just exp/tomes

The actual pvp community for this game is extremely miniscule and a pvp zone that exists purely for pvp and doesn't have things you can take outside of it would be barren on day 1

I mean heck I've been actively looking for a pvp linkshell for months leaving a party finder open while i gather and craft and have only had people pop in to be trolls and tell me how stupid pvp is. It's as though a pvp community is non-existent
    (0)
    Last edited by Nihility; 06-07-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    this game is not designed for open world PVP. you just wanna kill newbies and low level ppl.
    what would be the point of it anyways? If they don't have any rewards attached to doing it then there is no point. and I can't see rewarding people for killing randos anyways it wouldn't be right.
    I would honestly pick you as my first target. I wouldn't care if you were 70 and decked out in full 370. People like you are the reason why OW PvP would be a great idea.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ren Kurosaki
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeacia View Post
    People who beg for open world pvp, in my experience, only want to run around killing low levels all day.

If you can't win a fight without attacking lower levels or ganking, no open world for you.
    I was thinking the same thing; if we were to get open world pvp, players would be complaining that crazed PvPers are attacking folks for no reason. Players won't get to enjoy their FFXIV gaming experience because of this (harassment going through the roof).
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by JunseiKei View Post
    Let's be real here. We are still getting content (definition: things that are included in something), so it's not like you're being denied a service you've paid a membership for. Like I told a friend before, back in 3.x, just because it's stuff you don't want to do, or look forward to, doesn't negate its existence nor enjoyment for others.

Player
    Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien_Gamer View Post
    Lace Valeria asked me to post a reply for her.
    Look, every single open world pvp game has players who say this, and every single one winds up ending with gank the newbies or zerg. If Lace is going in there thinking its going to be fair, fun fights, she's going to be incredibly disappointed. The same urge that made everyone spam healers in rival wings or people use premades to roll randoms in frontlines is going to show up there. We have bout two decades of history in MMOs that show open world pvp doesn't really resolve in the way developers think it does, with player-run clans waging fair wars and acting as responsible feudal lord.

I don't say this because it shouldn't be allowed. At this point why not? It's not like they'd force people to do so. I just think people need to realize that its going to be a gank fest and be okay with that; the fun is in being or avoiding the gank, or making rival gank squads to corpse camp that annoying FC from ultros. But if you go in expecting it to be fair or balanced, or players to be ethical, you're going to be fiercely disappointed. The smart ones will lay off the newbies in order to get them to stay long enough to be participants later, but many games don't even do that, the players cannibalize the newbies and make the game dwindle.
    (5)
    Last edited by RiyahArp; 06-15-2018 at 03:38 AM.

Player
    Character
    Raejin Revolver
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Just make the PvP a stance. That way we can see the other PvP players. People not in the stance are invulnerable. And don't forget my wolfsmarks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Araxes Falanor
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Open world pvp Died with the 4.0 PvP skillchanges.
    (3)
    Good old Days...

Player
    Character
    Eris Catia
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    My suggestion play black desert online. I'm pretty sure SE doesn't want take any chance's on loosing a huge amount of players from them making it open world pvp. Pvp in this game is broken. It shouldn't take 3 people to take down one healer in pvp. You know how hard and long it take to kill a hunt or finish a fate because everyone would be killing each other.
    (0)
    Last edited by hynaku; 06-15-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lilla La'aurora
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxes View Post
    Open world pvp Died with the 4.0 PvP skillchanges.
    I thought I'd get over it, but D: each time I think back on heavensward PvP my heart aches
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintersandman View Post
    I would honestly pick you as my first target. I wouldn't care if you were 70 and decked out in full 370. People like you are the reason why OW PvP would be a great idea.
    yyyyyyyyyyyy
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wyvern Heart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Everything that has been said in this topic has been addressed and a ton of effort put forth to solve what ever issues you may have. No one would leave this game because the pve side will be unaffected. Besides having more glamours
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast