Player
    Character
    Raide Duku
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

New housing item: Guest Chair

I thought of an idea of a new housing item. The Guest Chair. You set it up and there would be a chance during certain parts of the day that a NPC in the game will drop in and hang out for awhile.

If someone shows up, there would be different percentages on who exactly shows up. You could even have who shows up based on certain achievements. Like if you finish up a class story arc, you could have someone from the arc show up (for example, if you finish the Arcanist story arc, K'lyhia might drop by for a visit). You can talk to them and they'll commit about how they've been and/or compliment you on the house. Percentages on who shows up when someone visits would be dependent on how likely it would be for said NPC would have the free time to visit. Could even have one of the GC leaders show up, but it would super rare. Somebody that has more time and/or are out and about (say, like, Rurukuta for example) would be more common.

Could be allowed so many depending on how big the house is (would have to have something programmed in to not have duplicates, of course).

Figure it would be a cool way to make your house seem more lively, and to catch up with some of the minor NPCs, or squee when someone more important show up.
    (29)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Not a bad idea.
    We already have chances of this is specific other areas. It'd be nifty to entertain someone at your home.
    (1)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Interesting idea but I'm not sure how they'd set it up so the visitor would appear when another player is present. It would be weird for the NPC to be showing up randomly when no one else is there and a big disappointment to the owner if they never had a guest show up when they were there.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shiro Terkhev
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I really like this idea. I always wanted more (artificial) life in my house. And if I could be visited by Khloe or Zhole... aww :3
    (3)
    With great deeps comes great enmity.

Player
    Character
    Skylar Mog
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Random chance on entry perhaps? That way if no NPC was present, just leave and re-enter.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aivi Kupo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Would really love this <3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raide Duku
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyvolta View Post
    Random chance on entry perhaps? That way if no NPC was present, just leave and re-enter.
    If it were going to do that, I'd just have it so you can pick who visits via the chair. I think part of the fun is seeing who does turn up. Would make those rare visits from folks who show up rarely more special. However, I would say that once someone DOES show up, they stick around for awhile. Maybe even like half or a full RL day, just to give people the chance to see them.
    (1)

Character
    Beckard Arseneau
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RaideDuku View Post
    If it were going to do that, I'd just have it so you can pick who visits via the chair.
    Animal Crossing Pocket Camp has this, with a unique chair for each NPC that can show up in your camp. It would probably be easier to implement, from a programing perspective. The downside is that the chair that's associated with the NPC you want might not match your house's decor.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sachi Mizora
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I want Estinien to show up .. <3
    Neat idea though! Anything to make the house look a bit more lively
    (2)

| IGN: Sachi Mizora | World: Jenova | ARTIST @SachiMizora on Twitter | STREAMER @SachiMizora on Twitch |

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SachiMizora View Post
    I want Estinien to show up .. <3
    Neat idea though! Anything to make the house look a bit more lively
    I'm not sure I have enough banisters for him to perch on. He might enjoy my loft, though. (Although if he wants to take out my neighbour's line of cannons I wouldn't mind. Having them pointed at my house feels aggressive.)
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast