Player
    Character
    Auron Ostyrkoensyn
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 78
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaer View Post
    I mean both sides can use this argument though.

In my experience, I feel like it hurt queues. Today I had to give up on a dps Rido queue since it hit 20 minutes and we were missing tanks the entire time and still missing two by the time it hit 20min. Why play a tank when you can just queue dps and just roll on tank gear anyway.
    That's kind of the point I'm trying to make though. You can go on a job thats needed, or one you feel comfortable on and still roll for stuff you might need.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Tenebria Miku
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    the ironic thing about this is greed only in a literal sense is the most fair it possibly can be and what people are mad about and calling unfair is the inability to use classes to shift the odds in their own favor
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMau View Post
    The question then becomes what if you're actually using your main and you're trying to gear that job up? Cause you know that thanks to RNGeesus that the person that doesn't need the gear or spends the entire fight on the floor is gonna get it whether they have that alt role or not
    You’re not at a disadvantage compared to the other person though. You don’t have *less* chance of getting it. (Sure, the scholar beat three bards to the gear in this instance, but there was only a 25% chance of that happening if all four people rolled on it.)

And right now if people are rolling on stuff they actually can’t use... the joke’s on them because they only get one thing per week.

Personally I might be in the same boat as the non-bard winning the aiming gear at the start of the topic. Right now I can only get into the new content as a caster or healer, and I feel like I’m not doing well with those classes so I want to see how I go as bard. To get in as bard, I need better equipment first, so I’d roll on the archer gear as something else so I can get into the raid with it in the first place...
    (2)
    Last edited by Iscah; 06-02-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihility View Post
    the ironic thing about this is greed only in a literal sense is the most fair it possibly can be and what people are mad about and calling unfair is the inability to use classes to shift the odds in their own favor
    A system like this can only be fair if no one abuses it. As I already said in my previous post I'm in a position to abuse it without losing anything. I'm nice enough not to but not everyone is.

So it's not really a fair system if it can be easily abused without repercussions.

We need the ability to shift the odds in our favour because ***holes exist. Simple as that.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Amon Kujaku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthea View Post
    The truth is people can be awful, especially when they can hide behind an avatar online. I don't know if you were suggesting that as a valid solution to the greed only system. I'm just stating that it's not.
    Right, I'm aware of this issue which is why I said "I know some players won't be receptive to this..." (you quoted that). And no, it wasn't meant as a solution, people are neither entirely predictable nor are they controllable as insinuated. However, it doesn't hurt to ask (your ego might hurt a little, but hey). Sometimes you might luck out with people who actually comply (whether they say they will or not). Other times you won't luck out. It's worth a shot, right? You've got nothing to lose with a slim possibility to gain.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Chris Corona
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuseigoes View Post
    That's kind of the point I'm trying to make though. You can go on a job thats needed, or one you feel comfortable on and still roll for stuff you might need.
    And if you DON'T have the job that's needed at the level and item level to play in or haven't unlocked or want to play as... it kind defeats the point don'tcha think?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Auron Ostyrkoensyn
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 78
    Quote Originally Posted by VirusChris View Post
    And if you DON'T have the job that's needed at the level and item level to play in or haven't unlocked or want to play as... it kind defeats the point don'tcha think?
    I don't really get what you're trying to say.

What I'm saying is I could go Ridorana on my Paladin, a job I feel comfortable on to try and gear my Monk, a job I don't quite meet the ilvl for and trying to get gear for and have an equal chance like everybody else at getting any striking pieces I need.
    (2)

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    1. Buy crafted 350 armor, make it, or trade what you have in to the exchange vendor in ala mihgo.
    2. Get upgraded 360 gear for your alts.
    3. Don't worry about ridorina gear ever again.

seriously, i literally have full left side at 360 just from that in a week, and one piece away from full right on my healer. Its great, and on lamia each piece is 1 mil gil or so, not unaffordable at all. I can even craft NQ and turn it in, just need a lot more.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Niel Kalverra
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RiyahArp View Post
    1. Buy crafted 350 armor, make it, or trade what you have in to the exchange vendor in ala mihgo.
    2. Get upgraded 360 gear for your alts.
    3. Don't worry about ridorina gear ever again.

seriously, i literally have full left side at 360 just from that in a week, and one piece away from full right on my healer. Its great, and on lamia each piece is 1 mil gil or so, not unaffordable at all. I can even craft NQ and turn it in, just need a lot more.
    Keep in mind, this 'all greed' loot role also applies to any alliance raid we got - From the Labyrinth of the Ages up to Ridorana Lighthouse.
    So even when you go to a older raid where you just like to get a piece of gear for glamour, chances are very slim you'd get lucky enough. Because the western gaming world are full of greedy people who'd roll for gear to just turn that in for seals if they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaer View Post
    I mean both sides can use this argument though.

In my experience, I feel like it hurt queues. Today I had to give up on a dps Rido queue since it hit 20 minutes and we were missing tanks the entire time and still missing two by the time it hit 20min. Why play a tank when you can just queue dps and just roll on tank gear anyway.
    Now there is an interesting notion I have witnessed - The tanks these days seem to have gotten more lazy in doing their role in alliance raids? I have seen situations in more than one case that the tank peeps don't really want to be the MT, or deal with the adds themselves. Can the lack of motivation of taking the tanking seriously be attributed to not be guaranteed their tank gear anymore when it drops?
    (0)
    Last edited by Arrius; 06-02-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrius View Post
    Keep in mind, this 'all greed' loot role also applies to any alliance raid we got - From the Labyrinth of the Ages up to Ridorana Lighthouse.
    lol or you could just buy the gear, because post 60 leveling gear uses void ark pieces as well as crystal tower stuff. What they don't use generally is too ugly or too impractical; its not like i see Scylla gear wandering around much. Give it time, they will reuse the gear in crafted form and then no worries.
    (1)

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast