Character
    R'amdea Chocolat
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70

Question about paintings ...

Hello there,
    I have a small question about how to get paintings. I know you buy them from the artist in Ydilshire, but every time I go check he only offers paintings from ARR areas.

I got several of Heanvensward area locations, and a fex from Stormblood areas, and I'm sure I have at least 2 spots that exists as paintings, thought the artist won't offer it when I check...

Did I miss something ???
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    You need to complete the sight seeing logs for ARR to unlock all ARR paintings, the one for HW for the HW ones and the SB log for the SB-paintings.

Hes offering a few odd ones that arent related to the sight seeing log though - for SB I'm not sure if you really need all of them, including Kugane tower and the one on the lamppost... if thats the case though... good luck!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    You do need every single sightseeing log (within an achievement), I'm pretty sure there's 2 sets for ARR, HW, and SB each, and each one unlocks a different set of paintings for the area (i.e. the first SB achievement unlocks ~1/2 of the SB paintings, etc). I had all of SB except the Tower before they added the new ones and I couldn't get any.
    (4)
    Last edited by InkstainedGwyn; 06-01-2018 at 01:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rosalyn Valeroyant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    As other people already stated, you need to complete the sightseeing log (or at least the achievement).

Been slowly plucking away at the ARR ones the last couple days, and it's been going pretty smoothly, all things considered. Half the time I just struggle with getting onto certain vistas before the time runs out (one of the ones in North Shroud was just so frustrating).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Edax Ixian
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    If you can't do the jump puzzle in Shirogane, you won't be able to unlock any paintings from Stormblood. Which is why I don't even bother with the sightseeing log.
    (4)
    "The world is not beautiful; and that, in a way, lends it a sort of beauty."

Player
    Character
    R'amdea Chocolat
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Thanks for all the answers, never tried the ARR log because of the weather/day conditions, but I'll try to unlock at least HW ! Puzzle jump i'm very bad at this ; ; will have to ask my husband to do it for me
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Miyuki Shiba
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nym-nym View Post
    Thanks for all the answers, never tried the ARR log because of the weather/day conditions, but I'll try to unlock at least HW ! Puzzle jump i'm very bad at this ; ; will have to ask my husband to do it for me
    If you wanted to do the ARR sightseeing logs you should use this site. It's extremely helpful since it keeps track of the weather for you. You can also separate it into 1-20 (the set you have to complete to unlock 21-80) or 21-80. You can also check off all your completed logs and have it show you what you still need completed. I usually prefer not to use the currently open option since many of the jumping ones are difficult, I like to try to see when they're coming up and give myself time to complete them then just wait for the window to open.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Antony Gabbiani
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Stormblood paintings, I know at least, unlock in batches. So the initial Stormblood sightseeing log unlocks the bulk of the paintings, but the log was expanded in a patch since the expansion, and it will take registering those in order to unlock all the paintings from that batch. So you do have to get to the top of the Kugane tower to unlock the first batch, but do not have to get the one on the lamppost, that is only required for the second batch of Stormblood paintings.
    (0)