Player
    Character
    Mahrze Crossner
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfur View Post
    So why can't I glamour my monk pacifist's set onto all my other classes?! I have a neato little icon beside my name that will show what class I am. So what if i want to wear a robe on my tank or armor on my mage? We've got men running around in bunny tights! I *really* think it isn't going to kill anyone's immersion at this point.

As a MNK Main who thinks AF3 MNK set is BEST SET EVER (until AF4 reveal, idk?) I say no, let me keep my glorious set off from grubby people. Ask for more "feral"-like attires in general than taking away from a job.

My point is not about immersion. But SAM/NIN/Doman stuff has been in the game for like 3 years now, Ask for more gear that is different than "something something asian".

I do disagree with the whole removal of the "holy trinity", regardless of the arguments that make it sound trivial.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mahrze; 06-01-2018 at 12:36 AM.

Player
    Character
    Waira Amarilla
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    ^
    Then how about adding to the trinity like how some people have suggested, like Supporter? At the very least Red Mage, Bard and Ninja could fit in that because their playstyle is pointed more towards support that offensive. Or at least Ninja and Red Mage and Ninja could be with Bard. Personally, I've always felt Ninja would have been best played as a Supporter because of its slightly higher mobility and attack speed(?) in comparison to other job classes. Not to mention it's Mudra moves always felt like they'd be better reworked into hindering the enemy somehow than just being used as pure attacks or damage link boosters. Like Raiton could be reworkred into an aoe paralyze move while Suiton could remade into an ability that slows a single enemy down, attack moves and all for a set period of time.

Red Mage, I'd have to think more on but it could basically be a miniature version of Black Mage and White Mage or something.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mahrze Crossner
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Soge01 View Post
    ^
    Then how about adding to the trinity like how some people have suggested, like Supporter? At the very least Red Mage, Bard and Ninja could fit in that because their playstyle is pointed more towards support that offensive. Or at least Ninja and Red Mage and Ninja could be with Bard. Personally, I've always felt Ninja would have been best played as a Supporter because of its slightly higher mobility and attack speed(?) in comparison to other job classes. Not to mention it's Mudra moves always felt like they'd be better reworked into hindering the enemy somehow than just being used as pure attacks or damage link boosters. Like Raiton could be reworkred into an aoe paralyze move while Suiton could remade into an ability that slows a single enemy down, attack moves and all for a set period of time.

Red Mage, I'd have to think more on but it could basically be a miniature version of Black Mage and White Mage or something.
    That's basically what should be aimed for, ask for more nuance for Jobs while remaining in their role (arche-?)type. I don't mind the simplification that came with SB, but it was very shallow, and a lot of jobs really weren't touched as much. But unless we as a community learn to compromise and find a way to collectively ask for things since apparently its how things "should" be done, 99% of our ideas will be misunderstood and that remaining 1% will be lost in translation.
    (0)
    If you say so.

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    I'd love to ask for more feral-like gear like the Pacifist's set...but I'm afraid it will end up with the same treatment that the contest winner's casting set did.
    (0)
    "We want bunny suits for guys!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Ishgard housing!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Viera!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Cloud's motorcycle!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Blue Mage!"-- OK! ✅
    "We want the ability to earn past Feast rewards!" - HAHA no that's sacred.

Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Guild wars 2 had no trinity, and it was very bland because of it. You think there is a dps meta now? With no trinity, everyone would be a dps, because that would be most efficient. Bosses would be even less difficult, because you would have to make it so anyone can survive being attacked by autos, and most damage would go to avoidable aoes. Bleh.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Waira Amarilla
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahrze View Post
    snip
    I'll have to make a thread later to ask for that then. It'd be nice to hear more about what subtle differences they would want for each job class.

Like, I would love for job classes to feel less "attack, attack, ATTACK" and a little more strategic. Like, I love playing Samurai but wish I could have a skill/ability where I could take a temporary defensive stance and reflect a partial amount of damage from an enemy(s) attack while cutting down part of the damage I take from said attack. I hope that made since. Basically, I'd love to have at least a few classic samurai defensive moves and not just all offensive attack ones so it'd feel like we're really playing a samurai a less of a hack and slash berserker.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Waira Amarilla
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie_Lenneth View Post
    snap
    There have been some people on the forums suggesting a Support role to be added to the trinity system. Personally, I think it's a great idea and would possibly help fix up certain job classes that are less DPS and fit more of a Supporter role, like Bard and Ninja.

Because Don't you think Bard and Machinst kind of step on each other's toes a little when paired up together in a party? Like, for example, I've seen so many Bards out DPS Machinists that it some times makes me wonder why Machinist is main range attacker when the support range attack easily out damages it. And funny enough, I main Machinist, too, lol! X'D But I'm also a Bard and have noticed from a personal perspective. Its actually pretty scary and disappointing at the same time. :<

Edit: I did not mean to double post like that, sorry!
    (0)
    Last edited by Soge01; 06-01-2018 at 03:06 AM.

Character
    Deionarra Eidolon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie_Lenneth View Post
    Guild wars 2 had no trinity, and it was very bland because of it. You think there is a dps meta now? With no trinity, everyone would be a dps, because that would be most efficient. Bosses would be even less difficult, because you would have to make it so anyone can survive being attacked by autos, and most damage would go to avoidable aoes. Bleh.
    Guild Wars 2 was explicitly built to be more of a solo-friendly game where grouping was optional. It also involves a much broader, solo-friendly PvP system. That's why every class had the ability to deal damage.

Also, I'm absolutely stunned at the assessment of GW2 being bland. Its combat is light-years beyond FFXIV's, and every class has multiple unique-feeling playstyles.
    (4)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10