Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaalia_Stormborn View Post
    I'm fairly new to the class, but my takeaway after unlocking all the blood gauge abilities and tanking experts and alliance raids is that I felt the blood gauge abilities should be on a separate gcd than the main 2 combos. I'm unsure if this has ever been brought up before, and more than likely it has, but what are people's thoughts on this?
    Off-GCDs are extremely strong, so if there's any reason they aren't oGCDs then that's probably why. I do agree that Bloodspiller and Quietus would feel a lot better as oGCDs but it's not likely to happen unless their potency is nerfed a bit or a longer CD is attached.

May or may not be right but I'll take a stab:

Souleater combo with DABS and DASE

Bloodspiller on GCD / 2.42 GCD:
    150 + 250 + 440 + 540 = 1380 potency / 9.68 sec
    140.81 pot/sec

Bloodspiller off GCD / 2.42 GCD:
    150 + 250 + 440 +540 = 1380 potency / 7.26 sec
    190.08 pot/sec

So it's a significant increase in DPS by making it off-global. Of course we can argue about DRK needing a bit more DPS still, but just wanted to point out how making it off-global it would need to be carefully adjusted.
    (2)
    Last edited by whiskeybravo; 06-15-2018 at 04:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Goffard Gaffgarion
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Though.. BS and Q are mostly needed on the GCD. Q isn't just MP sustain because it regenerates MP on hit, it's also a free GCD in respect. (the fact that it cost Blood isn't an issue; the only thing Blood goes into anyway is more Qs when DEL is spent). DRKs still got to be mindful of the risking single target GCDs on 3+ mobs, despite their deep kit dedication to AOE (a peeve I've got).

And there's Bloodprice, which in 4.x only serves as a Blood regen (needed in Grit because of MP demand of trash), the fact they put DEL's 16sec duration boost on it opposed to BW's 8 sec, and then doubled Siphon's MP restore in Grit also so DRK single target Grit'd can compete also -- shows how convoluted the situation is.. And SE KNOWS about it because they deliberately bandaid'd their way around it in 4.0 (double Siphon, double dura BW)..

I digress.. my complaint about bloodgauge otherwise is the superglued +10 Blood from Souleater. I'd rather have consuming Dark Arts and executing Dark Passenger generate Blood instead. Salted Earth at 100% uptime potentially for a constant Blood regen. Something-something of that nature. Not a performance issue, but feel like that would tie the kit together better.. Blood reward nested atop MP management (DA/DP/TBN), and bubble.
    (0)
    Last edited by Xenosan; 06-15-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Player
    Character
    Noan Embersoul
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 43
    Appreciative of the buffs from 4.3, Dark Knight feels a bit better to play. Still hoping for a rework of Dark Knight for the next expansion though as the whole feel of how it plays is a bit on the simple side when compared to itself during Heavensward. The interaction of Dark Arts Dark Dance + Reprisal and Low Blow (when it had damage) resets, Scourge, and the more theme-appropriate version of Rampart we had had in Shadowskin (still feel like the visual effect could be worked back in during this expansion), and a Delirium damage combo for when DA+Souleater wasn't in the MP or you wanted to debuff the enemy. It made you feel like you were this grizzled, dark magic brawler opposite the Paladin yet mirroring them in a few ways, almost mockingly. Probably in the minority, but this player would just like to see it's Heavensward version returned for 5.0, however unlikely. Not every job has to use a gauge if it already played so well without it.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4