Leviathan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70

Launcher Update errors

I can't update my game. Please help!

"Unable to launch FINAL FANTASY XIV Updater."
    [11035][5][19900][5]
    (0)

Hello Miqo95, Thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Can you elaborate on the kind of issue you are having?

Please provide:

- Platform (PC, PS4, Mac)

- Type of connection (wired or wireless)

- Everything you have tried to resolve the issue

Hope to be of assistance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyro Katsuro
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I'm having my issue on PC, i had turned on my pc yesturday tried to update my game and it wouldn't update because the files were completely gone from they're folder not having touch or moved them at all so I ended up reinstalling twice an restarting my pc and i'm still not able to log in. Still getting the same error codes.
    (0)

Hello Miqo95, Thank you for your response.

The issue you are describing is most associated with interference with the game data. Most of the time, it results from certain security/privacy changes on Internet Explorer. Other times it occurs when an application that is running in the background is causing interference, such as Anti-virus software, firewalls, media players, web browsers, etc.

Please make sure all background applications (including anti-virus programs such as Norton, Kaspersky, Windows Defender, etc.) have been disabled and/or closed to minimize game interference.

Ensure that the latest version of Internet Explorer is installed on your PC (even if you don't use Internet Explorer), please do not use Edge as that is a different internet platform. Once Internet Explorer is up-to-date, please open the IE browser, open the "Tools", go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    Under the "Privacy" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or to "Allow All Cookies"
    Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED.
    [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    Please RESTART your PC now.

Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

If the suggestions provided above do not resolve the issue, then there is a communication error.
    Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that the following Port Ranges have been opened/forwarded/triggered:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

your ISP may forward these ports for you.*

Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV! Hope to see you online.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyro Katsuro
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Hello, I did all up the setting adjustments above and nothing fixed it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqo95 View Post
    Hello, I did all up the setting adjustments above and nothing fixed it.
    Can you submit a FFXIV system report? Simply go to the 'Config' option on the Final Fantasy XIV launcher and to the right of 'System Information' click on 'Display.'

Hope to be of assistance!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyro Katsuro
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I can't provide that information..my launcher won't even open, Its trying to update the launcher and that is when i'm getting shown my errors. I downloaded the launcher from here https://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/
    (0)

Thank you for the update Miqo95.

There are a few other things you can try:

- Reset your router by turning it off then back on again
    - Use a wired connection using an Ethernet cable (as opposed to wireless)
    - Make sure your anti-virus/firewall has the appropriate exception for FFXIV
    - Try doing a clean boot. Simply open the task manager and select the 'Start up' Tab. Disable everything here and restart the PC. Then try to update the launcher.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Hello everyone,

Due to no response from the original poster, this thread will be moved to 'Closed Concerns.' If anyone is still having this particular problem, please create a new thread and we will assist you in any way we can.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)