Player
    Character
    Daryth Al'amin
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdafish View Post
    The timer should be made indefinite due to the fact that they are going to have to make it a separate system anyway. Fates at the moment show on your map, and I'd rather keep the searching aspect of hunts intact rather than an actual fate spawning on my minimap.

The only way I can think to keep the current fate system without extra system changes would be to have an NPC trigger gating the hunt which could end up being weird and clunky
    Many special fates are NOT shown on the map unless you get close enough. Odin, Fox Lady, Ixion, etc.
    (0)
    "It must be a thursday, I could never get the hang of thursdays."

Player
    Character
    Darian Remilia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Here's a small suggestion. We leave the B/A marks alone, however the S ranks get completely revamped. I think instead of making them like fates, we visit an old idea from FFXI. Item popped NMs. You would take an item, that was either farmed/crafted, and traded said item to a "???", which would pop the NM. How could we make that work here? Well, we have these unstained mark logs that the A.R.R. hunts still drop. (As well as other logs.) and currency that I'm sure the majority are using for aether tickets or ventures. Well, why not take those old, dusty logs and use them as an item you trade in for a pop item for a specific S rank? Then, you put yourself up in PF looking for members, get a full 8/8 party, go out and find the "???" to trade the pop item and boom. There's your S rank.

Now, to prevent people just bombarding the ???, you can add a cooldown to them similar to what the savage raids have. (Weekly cool down timer.) Can even toss in a system where you can't pop an s rank if another member of your party has already killed the mark for that week. This will pretty much level the playing field in terms of S ranks, and help get rid of the toxic cloud hanging over the hunting community.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4