Player
    Character
    M'leineya Leoh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

ARR S ranks NEED to be made harder!

I experimented today with a level 50 to try an S rank. It died in less than 5 seconds due to the overwhelming number of level 70s attacking at once and I got only 10 allied seals despite me hitting it from the start.

They need to be made harder. I know they're there for level 50s but here's the reality, level 50s aren't getting any or very little benefit and the level 70s aren't giving them a chance. Most the time it's only level 70s showing up to them.

I don't know how much more I can emphasize the necessity for harder S rank fights. There's no point in keeping them easy when lower levels aren't even bothering to show up and would rather hit level 70 first.
    (6)
    Gaius van Baelsar: Nor is this unknown to your masters. Which prompts the question: what came first, the chicken or the egg?

Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    So party up with the level 70's.

If you're in a party, you get party credit as long as you get 1 hit in.

When I first started doings hunts (around 4.1-4.2 ish) I was level 50 partying up with 70s and getting full credit. Party Finder if it's a PF server or ask for an invite.

Just clarifying, I'm not against the idea. I personally would love if ARR and SB hunts got beefed up, but if the issue is not getting enough credit for full rewards, that's what partying is for.
    (1)
    Last edited by Squintina; 05-27-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Squintina View Post
    So party up with the level 70's.

If you're in a party, you get party credit as long as you get 1 hit in.

When I first started doings hunts (around 4.1-4.2 ish) I was level 50 partying up with 70s and getting full credit. Party Finder if it's a PF server or ask for an invite.

Just clarifying, I'm not against the idea. I personally would love if ARR and SB hunts got beefed up, but if the issue is not getting enough credit for full rewards, that's what partying is for.
    Whether you are with level 50s or level 70s it still dies in 5 seconds. Its not player level that is the problem, the OP was just identifying that this is a problem FOR level 50s when the dev team has stated that they are keeping it the same for level 50 players to participate.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I think Hunts in all zones should have their HP either increased to the SB amount or implement an HP scaling system where the more people there are in the zone when it is engaged, the more HP it has (but that’s probably not possible).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MartaDemireux View Post
    I think Hunts in all zones should have their HP either increased to the SB amount or implement an HP scaling system where the more people there are in the zone when it is engaged, the more HP it has (but that’s probably not possible).
    Or turn them all into Eureka style fates
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdafish View Post
    Whether you are with level 50s or level 70s it still dies in 5 seconds. Its not player level that is the problem, the OP was just identifying that this is a problem FOR level 50s when the dev team has stated that they are keeping it the same for level 50 players to participate.
    Yes I know they still die within 5 seconds. I didn't say I was against the idea, I even clarified I wasn't.

But it still doesn't change that if the OP is only getting 10 seals, that particular part of his problem can be easily remedied by partying up with 70s because when you party you get everyone's credit (as long as you get 1 hit in). When I was 50-69, I was getting full credit most of the time because the 70's in my party carried my credit because their increased stats generate more enmity, which generates more party credit.
    (0)
    Squintina's Comprehensive Controller Guide:
    akhmorning.com/resources/controller-guide/

Rival Wings Revival Discord:
    discord.gg/pvprevival

Player
    isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    they should scale with the max level of who ever spawned it
    so if a lvl 50/60 wants to spawn a S rank in there respected Area then thats fine
    but if level 70 spawns it then its not as easy to kill

i think the hunt system should get a re-haul really or buff Most recent A ranks or replace them mid to late expansion
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskane View Post
    they should scale with the max level of who ever spawned it
    so if a lvl 50/60 wants to spawn a S rank in there respected Area then thats fine
    but if level 70 spawns it then its not as easy to kill
    I think maybe you don't quite understand spawn conditions. Some are on a literal timer, guaranteed spawn during time/weather window. Some spawn via treasure maps, which players under 50 could do. Many take a genuine group effort.

More than that, you could easily create a situation where players intentionally use a lower level job while "spawning" just to make things easier.

On topic, while I don't disagree with making the hunts more of a challenge, I do disagree with the idea of making them nearly impossible if a group of friends at level 50 happen to want to try some out for themselves. An unlikely situation, but I'd still rather not see anyone's contribution at 50 to be even less than it is now.
    (0)

Player
    isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    I think maybe you don't quite understand spawn conditions. Some are on a literal timer, guaranteed spawn during time/weather window. Some spawn via treasure maps, which players under 50 could do. Many take a genuine group effort.

More than that, you could easily create a situation where players intentionally use a lower level job while "spawning" just to make things easier.

oh i know how they are spawned and the timer (never really said anything that i didn't)
    and on the lower level spawning i did say there max level so even if they are trying to spawn bosses with there lvl 50 nin if they have a lvl 70 SCH it will scale to the SCH lvl rather then the nin
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Just make all S ranks lvl 70 and leave A/B ranks as is. Most if not all hunters are max lvl (ik some people start hunting before max lvl but that is an extremely small percentage). S rank get melted regardless just because so many more people show up to them as apposed to A ranks so I don't see an issue making them all lvl 70(or for future expansions, max lvl).
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast