Player
    Character
    Ghishlain Pyrial
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by EaMett View Post
    I did the same as you except I curated the list further to only include groups with a closer percentile to that of the healer (stayed within a 20% range so nobody bellow 70%.. no point looking at card value if all your dps are subpar). I was also looking at other info so I limited it even further to healers who shared the healing (as opposed to one healer just dpsing). This guarantied a more balanced set of skills over someone who parses high because he has more uptime (instead of good gameplay/card management).
    I also did so over all the savage fights, not just god kefka.

It is worth mentioning that this was before 4.3 hit.
    That makes sense. I can respect that level of searching as AST (and by extension, SCH) rDPS contribution is solely dependent on the skill level of the group as a whole. A 90th percentile AST may not have a 90th percentile group to take advantage of their buffs and skew results improperly.

I do think it's important to note that not all groups are made equal. Factors include skill, compositions, and even moods and attitudes at the day that particular log was made can greatly affect performance. Mechanic selection in the fight themselves can affect a person's performance as well. As such trying to curate towards a group of equal skill may also misinterpret the data in a real world application.

Unfortunately, I feel the only true way to determine the correct rDPS contribution is hundreds upon hundreds of simulation with the data collected and analyzed. I don't think that's a realistic approach for any of us though.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Ea Sin
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Well fortunately when it comes to raw class balance, you only need to look at the players that use their class at full potential (99%) to see where balancing issues lay. And WHM is seriously lagging behind at that level.

Whether or not it makes political sense to actually balance the classes as opposed to balancing the player base is another issue entirely.. And most likely the reason why SE went ahead and broke the semblance of healer balance we had.
    (2)
    Last edited by EaMett; 06-06-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Player
    Character
    Foxzer Viskeer
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Its funny to see how it went from being pretty mixed depending on what boss in 4.2 between the 3 healers as you can see here:
    https://www.fflogs.com/rankings/21#m...ddps&bracket=3

To this domination of SCH and AST in 4.3: (All though the overall dps of healers are similiar or even lower then WHM at some parts, the duration of the fight is MUCH shorter in AST/SCH combo though, which is probably also cause they have better gear at this point aswell as the contribution AST brings to the raid dps overall)
    https://www.fflogs.com/rankings/21#m...ddps&bracket=4
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Eileen White
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    So, how do we stop the sky from falling? My guess is this:

Fluid Aura: Deals Damage with a potency Of 150.
    30s CD

SotL renamed to Power of the Elementals.

Water: Gains stacks up to 3 for every Cure/Cure II/Cure III cast. Stacks are used when a Healing oGCD is used.

1 Stack: 5% Healing Increase.
    2 Stacks: 10% Healing Increase.
    3 Stacks: 15% Healing Increase.

Fluid Aura can consume all stacks as well to increase potency by 50 per Stack.

Wind: Gains Stacks up to 3 on a critical Aero II tick. Increases Spell Speed for every Stack.

Aero III’s DoT potency increases by 20 for each Stack, and consumes all when cast.

1 Stack: +3% Spell Speed
    2 Stacks: +4% Spell Speed
    3 Stacks: +5% Spell Speed

Earth: Stacks up to 3. Has a 50% chance to proc a Stack on cast of Stone IV. Divine Benison when used uses 1 Stack, and Asylum when used has its potency increased by 10 per Stack and consumes all Stacks when used.

+2% potency per Stack.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Foxzer Viskeer
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperiusUltima View Post
    So, how do we stop the sky from falling? My guess is this:

Fluid Aura: Deals Damage with a potency Of 150.
    30s CD

SotL renamed to Power of the Elementals.
    Why didnt SE think of something like this? Seriously now when I think about it elementals have 100000 times more things to do with conjuring/white magic then the current gardening gauge we got. Water, Earth, Wind similiar to how black mages fire/thunder and ice gauge look would be way more fitting.
    Its so simple, but nooo lets have lilies.

Also something thats interesting to look at is the overall active player classes played in 2018 where all classes are almost played exactly the same amount (not in raids just in general) except SCH. Which leads me to believe why SE is trying to keep them on top to avoid seing the class go even lower in activity. Although thats not justified to keep it in meta constantly.
    (0)
    Last edited by _Winters_; 06-12-2018 at 06:33 PM.

Player
    Character
    James Oakes
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by _Winters_ View Post

Also something thats interesting to look at is the overall active player classes played in 2018 where all classes are almost played exactly the same amount (not in raids just in general) except SCH. Which leads me to believe why SE is trying to keep them on top to avoid seing the class go even lower in activity. Although thats not justified to keep it in meta constantly.
    They did nerf SCH at the start of Stormblood, but they had to quickly buff it as it was hated.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Eileen White
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by jameseoakes View Post
    They did nerf SCH at the start of Stormblood, but they had to quickly buff it as it was hated.
    People hated it because of some QoL issues. If anything reception in regards to trickling down from High End Hardcores causes panic for some people and overall disrest in the community and brings on this thought that you have to be their jobs just because they shape the meta.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    James Oakes
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperiusUltima View Post
    People hated it because of some QoL issues. If anything reception in regards to trickling down from High End Hardcores causes panic for some people and overall disrest in the community and brings on this thought that you have to be their jobs just because they shape the meta.
    I don't remember anyone being happy with the changes given it mostly just sucked the fun out of the class
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Malto Thoris
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It was a nerf on near everything. Fairy embrace was made weaker and fey illumination went from 20>10 percent so overall strength of fairy was cut down. Their dps, both st and aoe, were cut with the loss of 2 dots(aero and bio) abd bane suffering from a huge diminishing returns(20 percent instead of 10 and in hw it was full potency on the first 3 targets from the origin down to 50 on the fourth and beyond) and their mp efficiency also took a dive( aetherflow mp restore 20>10 percent) and aldo and succor mp cost went up.

Since then, it has changed. The lost of the fairy has been offset by their ogcds (indom and excog being stronger) the lvl 68 trait helping mp, in 4.1 mp cost on succor and aldo being reduced along with the buff to succor, miasma 2 being added as aoe, and fairy qol changes that make it easier and its neck and shoulders above its opposite in the noct astro.

But anyways, SE does to look into and see what they can. Their track record of success, however, is a completely different. This may get momentum back for the astro but at the cost of whm. Hopefully( staying very pessimistic) they can do a few things for the Whm, mainly that worthless 68 trait and buffs to their dps.
    (0)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14