Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90

Portable Stepladder

Just wanted to pass the word that the new Portable Stepladder (CRP 50***) can be used to reach lofts though it requires jumping up it as opposed to just walking up like we can do with the floating stairs many of us make.

Being able to use 1 item to access a loft instead of the multiple items we currently need will still be a help for those running up against the item limits in their housing.

It's also classified as a table though it appears tabletop items can only be placed on the top and not on the steps. A bit of a disappointment if you were hoping to use it as a display case for small decorative items.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kidria Scyen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    A bit of a late reply but I don't know if this really works with taller races; I've attempted to use it and my character just slides down it like it was a completely vertical wall. :/ tis unfortunate.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Amon Kujaku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidria View Post
    A bit of a late reply but I don't know if this really works with taller races; I've attempted to use it and my character just slides down it like it was a completely vertical wall. :/ tis unfortunate.
    Can most Au Ra males even access lofts? I know my amigo can't (but then he used the tallest setting).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I'm using it in my Rogaedyn's apartment to get to her loft. I also slide down occasionally but it's much less likely to happen if I aim slightly left than if I'm trying to go up dead center.

If I need a break from the usual routine this weekend, I'll make an Au Ra male and experiment with ladder placement to see if I can find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZYSTAR View Post
    Can most Au Ra males even access lofts? I know my amigo can't (but then he used the tallest setting).
    A while back I made a Rogaedyn male with the tallest possible setting to use for testing collision issues in some of my housing designs. He has no problem in my main's Mist apartment loft.

I haven't tried him out yet in my Rogaedyn female's apartment, which is in Lavender Beds. I do a see a potential problem there with the way the top of the pilasters jut into the room near the ceiling as it narrows the space to walk considerably (unless you're a lala).
    (1)
    Last edited by Jojoya; 06-16-2018 at 07:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kidria Scyen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    I have one in my Shirogane house, he fits fine, but it's obviously meant to be a sitting area than it is any sort of standing space. He does get pretty close to the ceiling lol I too have the tallest setting. I guess it depends where you put it. Mine's on the second floor of a medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    I'm using it in my Rogaedyn's apartment to get to her loft. I also slide down occasionally but it's much less likely to happen if I aim slightly left than if I'm trying to go up dead center.

If I need a break from the usual routine this weekend, I'll make an Au Ra male and experiment with ladder placement to see if I can find a solution.
    I'll try the slightly left and try again. I still have to add one more step via floating things but if I can get rid of the rest that'd be SO MANY SLOTS...

Edit: After a ton of trying and at different angles I did finally 'catch' an invisible edge and was able to climb up, but it definitely isn't easy as a max height Au Ra male. I'll just have to settle for my cushion stairs still lol
    (0)
    Last edited by Kidria; 06-16-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    How did I know this would be posted by a lalafell? xD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Got my Rogaedyn male up into my Rogaedyn female's apartment loft without too much trouble. Turns out those Glade beams sticking out from the top of the pilasters are all look and no collision plane so his head just goes right through them.

Edit: After a ton of trying and at different angles I did finally 'catch' an invisible edge and was able to climb up, but it definitely isn't easy as a max height Au Ra male. I'll just have to settle for my cushion stairs still lol
    Did you get a Far Eastern Doll Display during Little Ladies' Day? Those are another decent one item alternate. My FC leader decided to use it when I installed a loft into the FC house at her request because we were already too close to item max and she really didn't like the idea of removing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambdafish View Post
    How did I know this would be posted by a lalafell? xD
    Because we're adorable and fun, and want others to be having fun!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kidria Scyen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    Got my Rogaedyn male up into my Rogaedyn female's apartment loft without too much trouble. Turns out those Glade beams sticking out from the top of the pilasters are all look and no collision plane so his head just goes right through them.

Did you get a Far Eastern Doll Display during Little Ladies' Day? Those are another decent one item alternate. My FC leader decided to use it when I installed a loft into the FC house at her request because we were already too close to item max and she really didn't like the idea of removing things.
    I must be horrible at jumping lol maybe it is just me I dunno. I do have several of those actually, I've used 'em before. Thanks for the tip nonetheless, hopefully others can use the stepladder effectively! For me for now I put mine against my wall bookshelf so it looks like you can climb up for high books; might as well use it since I got it lol
    (0)

Character
    Beckard Arseneau
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    As a tallest Au Ra, I can't stand most lofts. I can fit into them, just barely, but it makes my camera go so wonky that I get sick.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mayumi Shiro
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckett View Post
    As a tallest Au Ra, I can't stand most lofts. I can fit into them, just barely, but it makes my camera go so wonky that I get sick.
    I can't stand them as any race. The camera tightens so hard for sure but also i just don't think they look good. The components needed to make it don't blend well enough to create the illusion of a loft to me. It's just floating hodgepodge garbage and bad design taste.
    This is just my opinion so please don't be offended.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast