Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Character
    Kuroka Au'noire
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    I wonder if he can just transform his body like that sahagdin priest did back then... would be nice to see Zenos vs Zenos... Or imagine him to fight alongside us to hunt the Ascians xD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 70
    It not beyond the lore to think he can now bodyswap. Thing is, he is i a very killable elezen resistance member. the sneaky possibilities are endless, though. he could kill the resistance leadership, or even the emperor, to spark the inexorable march of war.

If he wants to kill the WoL, he might need to switch. luckily, there is a Fordola with an open schedule....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crimson Law
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallera View Post
    It not beyond the lore to think he can now bodyswap. Thing is, he is i a very killable elezen resistance member. the sneaky possibilities are endless, though. he could kill the resistance leadership, or even the emperor, to spark the inexorable march of war.

If he wants to kill the WoL, he might need to switch. luckily, there is a Fordola with an open schedule....
    I don't think, based on Zenos' dialogue at the end of 4.3, that he's particularly interested in toppling the Resistance, or at least not at present. However, I could plausibly see him try to take control of Rahlgr's Reach and hold Lyse hostage to spur the WoL into a challenge. I'm really intrigued to see where Zenos' arc is going. Granted, I was wary of what direction they were going with Yotsuyu, and I have to say it didn't disappoint. Here's hoping the same applies in this case as well. Anyway, with the Resonance, I think Zenos could probably make good use of any body he's possessing.

Also, I'm not sure if a person with the Echo/Resonance can swap into a body that's inhabited by another soul with the Echo/Resonance. Elidibus (or at least the Ascian we strongly presume is him based on fairly suggestive implications) took over seemingly after Zenos' soul had moved shop. Typically, I think Echo/Resonance would protect someone from that kind of possession like it does with tempering, but I can't think of any attempts of the top of my head where any such thing had been attempted. But if Zenos wanted to posses Fordola for some reason, I think he would likely have to kill her first. At present, though, we only have so much information at hand on anything involving Zenos' plans and the nature of the Echo/Resonance that we can work with.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    CRAZY THEORY TIME!!!

So this is how we get to 5.0. The scions are a little scattered right now. Elezenos sees this, and uses it to his advantage. He creates a bit of chaos to draw the attention of Lyse/Krile/Y'shtola away from Rhalgrs. Maybe he sets Fordola free and they have to run out to stop a riot. In the meantime, he confronts us. We probly dont get who he is right away, but we're in a fight regardless. This leads to a big trial. He forces us to kill the resistance fighter he's possessing. Then before we can even start celebrating our victory/mourning the loss of the soldier another fighter jumps us - he swapped again(or maybe he gives up control of the fighter he possesses just before dying, then swaps in and delivers the killing blow himself using another body). This goes on for some 10-15 mins. At the end our friends/the resistance comes back to find us standing over a pile of bloody corpses. He runs away/swaps out one last time before we finish up, and theres no time to explain what just happened. Suddenly we're on the run from our old friends and have to flee the area - a call back to 2.55. We end up heading toward Garlemald to get to the bottom of all the ascian nonsense once and for all(possibly chasing Zenos who mentions heading back home). Somewhere along the way we meet back up with Alphy and Thancred - neither of whom knows what we've done and they along with Shadowhunter and Zenos(who clearly isnt through with us yet) serve as(some of) our major NPCs for the next expansion.
    (0)
    Last edited by Frizze; 07-04-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizze View Post
    CRAZY THEORY TIME!!!
    Interesting idea, though I can't really see it happening without some kind of additional (and very convincing) setup, given our reputation and our personal relationship with many of the Resistance members. The events in Ul'dah were different because it was very engineered and all the Crystal Braves and Brass Blades were already in on it - not just genuinely convinced by the evidence that we were guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMeowth View Post
    One of my theories (and admitedly, funniest mental images) is Zenos' soul trying to get back to his original body and finding out that it has already been occupied by a non-invited Ascian guest. C:
    That would make for a really interesting scene. I hope we get to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallera View Post
    I don't think I'd want to see him possessing Fordola (and in any case her Resonance might shield that from being possible) but she could have a different interesting role to play.

Given that she's constantly hearing other people's thoughts, it's quite possible that she'll be the one who first recognises Zenos despite his changed form.
    (1)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5