Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lagi Honeyleaf
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I'm gonna wait a few weeks until I try this. I have a learning disability and never learned anything past multiplication and even that is a bit difficult for me. Luckily, I have someone who can help me with this when I do try it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Veronica Amethyst
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    i was told it does, but honestly, you think someone with some sort of learning disability will remember the answers if they struggle to remember a times table? i honestly really don't like this mechanic, i tried using the chart today with this boss and even 10 seconds isn't enough time to figure it out for me plus the pressure ontop of it to figure it out

i honestly think this mechanic needs a change and there are a few ways to change it to make it simplier for people like me with some sorta learning disability, heres some ideas, they can be used on their own or in combination with each other
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Veronica Amethyst
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    A: more time to figure out the answer (this would help with the pressure abit on people)
    B: use even simplier math like just + and - (i think this would make the mechanic way simplier for people)
    C: don't use math at all, instead use a question involving shapes or something, for example, if you have 2 what shape would you stand on? none because 2 faces aren't a shape, if it says 3 you stand on a triangle because a triangle has 3 faces
    D: remove this mechanic entirely

as it stands now i give up on this mechanic, i'll just go in as a DPS and not even do anything when the mechanic comes up as i don't want to get upset or stressed because of the pressure... and when i die i hope people come onto the forums complaining that the mechanic has to change, we shouldn't give SE a pass on this sorta mechanic because they'll try to use it again at some point

and we all know how educational games went in the 90s, they flopped hard because educational games are not fun
    (2)
    Last edited by Vero_Amethtyst; 05-31-2018 at 05:14 AM.

Character
    Natti Lockeheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Solution: click Start>Run... in the window type: calc

Use this to help with the mechanic . It’s an old school trick for beating the mechanic, and without a diagram or having to think

Oh, don’t thank me....my advice is always free
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Okay so I never did this fight before, but I did look up a Youtube video...

The best way to do this, is to formulate a strategy. Come up with a formula and apply it, rather than looking at a chart.

You are working with single numbers and you are told to either divide by 3, 4, or 5 or make your number a Prime Number and there's four numbers (1 through 4).

Obviously, the primes are 1, 5, 7 and 11.

Divide by 3:

3, 6, 9, 12

Divide by 4:

4, 8, 12

Divide by 5:

5, 10

It's...... really that simple.

When he applies your debuff, look down at your number. You have about 3 seconds before he tells you what he wants.

When he goes "Divide by..."

Subtract your HP from the next highest divisible. That's all you need to do.

For example if he says "Divide by 5" and you have HP of 7... you need to go to 10. 10-7=3. Jump in the #3 circle. He gives you nearly 10 seconds to do this.

Surely you can work out a single digit number in ~13 seconds? You can do half of the calculation before he even tells you what to do. In fact, you can start on the calculations before he says what he wants:

Example: Your HP is 4.

Divide by 3? I need to step on 2 (4+2=6)
    Divide by 4? Don't step on anything.
    Divide by 5? I need to step on 1 (4+1=5)
    Prime? I need to step on 3 (4+3=7)

I could probably do half of that before he tells me what he wants.

EDIT: Before anybody goes "B-B-BUT there's everything else going on!"

I watched the video. The battle comes to a halt, the enemy doesn't do anything during this time. You have all the time in the world to make your choice and step in the appropriate circle. Choosing the correct circle should take priority over your DPS rotation, and given he sets your HP max to this number, there's no healing to worry about either, and he just stands there while you pick your numbers, so tanks don't need to worry about their tanking either. They deliberately designed the battle so you can think about your answer. Obviously, the faster you can pump out the answer, the more you can DPS, esp if you're ranged.
    (2)
    Last edited by Maeka; 05-31-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rhotitar Bhaldeyrasyn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    1 is not a prime number
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Albireo Yhual
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    What an odd thing to care about.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Myrhn Shirayuki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanitezz View Post
    Doesnt the raid literally give the answers to the multiples and primes before the fight? If I remember correctly its somethin you gotta stop and interact with actually, so they probably dont pay attention to that. I actually found it interesting that a video game of all things made me recall my basic math lessons in school in order to succeed. Usually hop into games to escape the outside world, but I liked this. It was unique.
    Yes it does but saying u cant do because X reason is more easy.
    (1)
    I love the official forums, they tell you to use the search for thread about what you wanted to talk but when you use it they judge for necro a thread.

Player
    Character
    Veronica Amethyst
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Linx0r View Post
    Solution: click Start>Run... in the window type: calc

Use this to help with the mechanic . It’s an old school trick for beating the mechanic, and without a diagram or having to think

Oh, don’t thank me....my advice is always free
    would take more then 10 seconds to do that and with the pressure i am sure there would be many fumbles
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tiniel Cerulis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    What can be complicated for some people is not the math in itself, it's the combination of both the timing which makes you *beh bah buh aaaaaahh shit i'm wrong* and how the question is asked. It's not like "Which of the following is a multiple of 5 ?" it's "How much you need to add to have a multiple of 5 ?" So well I can understand that it may be a bit complicated.
    (0)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast