Player
    Character
    Iori Vargas
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60

Character corrupted data on ps4

So I was just playing the game as usual. I was doing the main story quests, new 24 raid and some roulettes. Throughout my time playing, the PS4 kept popping a message saying that my character data is corrupted multiple times. Why did this happen? I now can't log in with my character anymore. PS4 is telling me to delete my character data. Is there a solution to this because there's no way in hell that I'm gonna delete all the hard work I put into my character.
    (0)

Good morning and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Your character data is stored server side, so you don't have to worry about losing it. The message is probably referring to your locally-saved user settings. This is customized settings for UI, Gear Sets, Hotbars, etc. These files are stored in the 'Application Saved Data' in the storage settings. Try deleting this. You will reset a lot of your settings, but it sounds like they are corrupted anyway.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Iori Vargas
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Thanks it worked, but I got to redo all my character configuration settings, HUD and crossbars.
    (0)

Thank you for the reply Iori246.

Yes, unfortunately you will have to redo those, but the character itself is still intact.

This thread will be moved to the 'Support Center Resolved' subforum as the thread creator has found a resolution to their issue.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)