Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    @RobinMalvin: I know that it was Asahi that tried to spin it that way but he was the acting emissary at that scene so if he had survived, he would have returned to Garlemald to claim that it was us who broke it. (Sorry wrote my old post a bit strange) So if its already broken (we did not know that he would die) why should we hesitate to at least punch him?

I also thing that OPs problem was more with us standing aside and letting him shot and hit Yotsuyu. Which depending on how you see it and how you feel about Yotsuyu this might just be the savage thing to do.
    (0)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Robas Kebas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinMalvin View Post
    snip
    They didn't think when they threw Nidhogg's eyes off the bridge when people like Ascians and WoD exist... Then they leave it again in Ala Mhigo... Luckily this time Estinien was there to end the job because the WoL didn't even look to make sure they were gone.

What a great thinker!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kharagan Dotharl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I just count this is limitations based on the class, race, and gender differences making it to difficult to pull of convincingly. As mentioned, in the 24 man we intervene to save Alma from being shot.... on a PLD or similar, that would have looked amazing. On my BRD? Well... It jarred me right out of the scene, as I wondered if I used my bow as a club to knock the gun out of his hand.

I'd like more reactions, certainly, but I'm not sure that can work without creating a defined 'cutscene only gearset' for everyone.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayve View Post
    I just count this is limitations based on the class, race, and gender differences making it to difficult to pull of convincingly. As mentioned, in the 24 man we intervene to save Alma from being shot.... on a PLD or similar, that would have looked amazing. On my BRD? Well... It jarred me right out of the scene, as I wondered if I used my bow as a club to knock the gun out of his hand.
    No doubt you shot an arrow *at* the gun to change where it was pointing!

But yes, playing MSQ as summoner there are multiple times where I just feel they haven't thought through how it will look with various classes. From intimidating someone with our battle stance (hahaha have you ever seen arcanist's battle stance?) to our recreating that Lyse vs Generic Midlander fight and 'rushing in' shot, which makes no sense as a non-melee character. A bit like you said about your bard, all I could conclude there was that I was about to hit Lyse over the head with my grimoire...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleo View Post
    @RobinMalvin: I know that it was Asahi that tried to spin it that way but he was the acting emissary at that scene so if he had survived, he would have returned to Garlemald to claim that it was us who broke it. (Sorry wrote my old post a bit strange) So if its already broken (we did not know that he would die) why should we hesitate to at least punch him?

I also thing that OPs problem was more with us standing aside and letting him shot and hit Yotsuyu. Which depending on how you see it and how you feel about Yotsuyu this might just be the savage thing to do.
    I have the feeling he wasn't meant to survive from the get go. I think that
    Elidubus-Zenos
    made so that the pupulares delegation wouldn't come back, the troops in the burn talk about the prince asking for their deaths. It is possible it was made after he knew of what happened, but considering how foolishly Asahi acted in every place I have the feeling he was just a small fish in the end
    Also it'a common theme that ppl working with elidubus end up dead
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    @Remedi: I believe so too. Maybe he was afraid that Asahi would mess it up but yeah I agree with your point.

About us in cutscenes: Maybe instead of having us reacting with the weapon we wear, they could just give us some nice material arts skills. I mean the WoL is a battle genius and even as a blackmage you probably need at least some great reflexes. So them having us punch someone or kick them should be possible. The bigger problems are the race imo, especially Lalas and Roes.
    (0)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    About our reactions. I can say that SE nailed the reactions I have Irl with my avatar during the namazus questline
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ameme Ame'klin
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedi View Post
    About our reactions. I can say that SE nailed the reactions I have Irl with my avatar during the namazus questline
    Pay your respects and move on.
    >> Pretend you saw nothing. << OPTION SELECTED
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I don't even know why I'm helping th.....right stormsaps
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedi View Post
    I love the Namazu so sadly its not my reaction and even though it was kinda funny about the choices I still felt sad that there was not a third positive one.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast