Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I did about a dozen races last night. Two races did have another player and the XP bonus for racing against another player is still rewarded. I also waited about twice as long for those races that had another player. The first time it happened, I wondered why the queue was longer than normal. Once I saw it showed waiting for confirmation from two players instead of one, I figured it out.

I think they could double the queue wait time to try to match more players against each other without the wait seeming excessive. I used to go from the race register to Cuff-a-Cur and get the race pop up right as I was finishing the second game of Cuff-a-Cur.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I feel like the best solution would be to have the system give a little bit more time to match with players, but after X minutes, say...5, you get matched with NPCs? and then if you want in instantly, you can go to the Saucer for a guaranteed race against NPCs.
    (1)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Zansei Kaujin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    The best way to handle this is two queues - a "quick queue" and a "long queue" choice. Long queue has, say, a ten minute time limit to look for other players while quick is as now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    i also have a problem with the new duty finder option...

actually i am winning almost every race with my super sprint chocobo and i feel really bad for the other people i meet in R300 who don't have a high end chocobo (yet) and have no chance against me. they probably only want to win the 10 races for the challange log, but i make it impossible for them.
    before the duty finder i could just wait on the chocobo square until they disappeared in the next race and i was queuing up after them, so we were in different races. but without seeing them it's impossible to do that anymore.

so i tried the option to run only with my party, wich means me alone against the NPCs, but for whatever reason this mode don't give any MGP rewards and i don't want to lose out on 20k MGP for that 20 challange log races.

i imagine this whole duty finder thing will lead to other problems when the make it rain event starts. when everyone with an R300 chocobo wants to use his "MGP machine" during that event and the races will have real people instead of NPCs we will lose out on MGP.
    since winning against the NPCs is more easily than other max build R300 chocobos and of course only one person can win, everyone else will get punished.

i don't want other people in my races, because that makes the experience for everyone worse. and i think that should not be the case.

we already have an EXP bonus when more than one player participates in one race. i want to suggest to add an MGP bonus as well, to balance out the reduced winning chance. it would be a bonus for winning against real people instead of NPCs too.
    i also want to suggest to add an MGP bonus to the bonus roulette after the race. with a lvl 50 chocobo the bonus EXP from that roulette are completely useless and waiting for the roulette roll is just a waste of time...
    (1)
    Last edited by Tint; 06-02-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    We'll have to wait and see how it works out. People won't always be going up against you and others with chocobos like yours (they could be queuing while you're already racing) so they'll still have the opportunity get their challenge log wins. Just participating still earns MGP even if it isn't as much as a win earns.
    (0)

Character
    Rastiana Bel'briar
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    You'll see alot more racers next week most likely due to the make it rain event
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ultima Ultima
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Wish it was as fluid as Mario Kart or this

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...HAQKpz_ufXYmJx

I would play it all day.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Okamimaru View Post
    You'll see alot more racers next week most likely due to the make it rain event
    I had 4 other players in one race last night. Several had one other player. It's starting to pick up already.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Good to note for the event that doing Party race while solo will let you face a full group of NPC's. While that won't get you exp, it will get you Challenge log MGP, so you can aim for 10 wins before switching over to regular mode.

I'm not sure how the regular mode works but my fresh low rank chocobo was put straight into a rank 60 race and decimated over and over by about 3-7 other players per race, even with training. Switched to Party race for a clean 10 wins, then back to normal to continue gaining exp and mgp.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Harper View Post
    Good to note for the event that doing Party race while solo will let you face a full group of NPC's. While that won't get you exp, it will get you Challenge log MGP, so you can aim for 10 wins before switching over to regular mode.

I'm not sure how the regular mode works but my fresh low rank chocobo was put straight into a rank 60 race and decimated over and over by about 3-7 other players per race, even with training. Switched to Party race for a clean 10 wins, then back to normal to continue gaining exp and mgp.
    There's a difference between rank and rating. The races are based on rating. The higher the chocobo's pedigree, the higher its base rating even at Rank 1.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2