Character
    Alexya Ultor
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    Edea, Lulu and Beatrix from the ladies.
    I disagree with you on a lot of stuff Theodric, but your taste in women is not one of them.

As for lore revelations, I know I'm a bit late to the party but:

General stuff about 4.3
    Speaking of points where we disagree, this is what I've been talking about! The transition from Asahi to his second in command and Alphi taking the plunge to go to Garlemald, coupled with the surprise re-appearance of Moose's favorite character was perfectly well done. I know you've been hankering for more "the other side" of Garlemald politics and I always fought that because the time wasn't right. Well, this time was right. It was spot on with how it was done, and seeing Tsuyu finally get her last revenge on her little shit of a brother was very satisfying, even if a part of me wanted her and Gosetsu to end up as a doting grandfather and loving granddaughter living as hermits in some forgotten corner of Yanxia.

As for Asahi himself:
    He'll always just be a beer to me.

I posted my thoughts on Zenos in the other theory thread, but suffice it to say I think the whole Ascian angle regarding Zenos in the capital that Alphi is worried about is probably the correct one.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Blake Wolfe
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghald View Post
    Actually I thought showing the mask was excessive. When the fight started I already guessed it could very much be
    Gaius judging by the fight stance and the signature abilities the legatus have. When the cutscene zoom in on the gunblade and the subsequent acknowledgement by Gaius to have known Alphinaud before cemented my guess that he was indeed Gaius van Baelsar.
    Thing is though, Gaius's "signature abilities" were also used in our tussles with Regulus in the solo instance before ARF and as the first boss of ARF (Regulus didn't have a unique weapon amongst the legati until his instance in 3.3), and the ceruluem burning field was also used in Regulus's 3.3 fight. Dashing around and using ceruleum X attacks are not unique to Gaius, they seem to be a legatus in general thing (or at least legatus that use gunblades anyway).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kharagal Mierqid
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    It's expanded on in the lore book. Both Giaus and Regulus have studded older ways of using gunblades then most people use and both are very, very good at it. This is contrast to Nael who used a lance and Zenos who used Katanas. Giaus and Regulus are the only legatuses we've seen who use the traditional Garlean weapon, and they're both older then the other two legatuses we've met. The only other person we've seen use a two-handed gunblade is Nero I believe, but he's abandoned that in favor of his war-hammer Mjolnir. I'm interested if using more "common" weapons is a trend with the younger Garlean generations given that Garlemald isn't as isolated as it used to be.

Neither Gaius or Regulus are using normal weapons either. Heirsbane was given to Gaius by Midas nan Garland when Gaius was promoted to the rank of Legatus. Regulus' blade is a prototype he's testing for the Magiteck Academy to see how well it preforms in actual battle. I'd be very surprised if we ran into anyone else using a two-handed gunblade at this point. They don't seem to be considered a common weapon the way the one-handed gunblades are and even those aren't that common. The only people we see using them are the officers in the Imperial Legions almost all of whom are Garleans.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    So, pondering the implications of Resonance and body-switching, does Zenos still have it or is it linked to his original body? If he died again, would it be permanent this time? Maybe it's ironic that now he actually could die if he wanted to, but he thinks it would fail again.

Meanwhile, is there a possibility that Elidibus has made himself more vulnerable by inhabiting Zenos's body? The Resonance seems to be some kind of implant (with the creepy eye effects) so is there a possibility it would artificially trap an Ascian soul the same way as a human one - whether permanently or just long enough to confuse Elidibus and give an opening to destroy him.
    (0)
    Last edited by Iscah; 06-19-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Crimson Law
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    So, pondering the implications of Resonance and body-switching, does Zenos still have it or is it linked to his original body? If he died again, would it be permanent this time? Maybe it's ironic that now he actually could die if he wanted to, but he thinks it would fail again.

Meanwhile, is there a possibility that Elidibus has made himself more vulnerable by inhabiting Zenos's body? The Resonance seems to be some kind of implant (with the creepy eye effects) so is there a possibility it would artificially trap an Ascian soul the same way as a human one - whether permanently or just long enough to confuse Elidibus and give an opening to destroy him.
    I don't know if it's as simple as that. While we don't know the exact differences between the Resonance and the Echo, it's likely both are probably tied more to the person's soul rather than the body. After all, it seemed the Sahagin chief could probably body hop ad infinitum, as long as there were suitable hosts nearby. The Ascians work in similar ways when their host bodies die. The body itself probably has very little to do with it, though as I said the true implications of artificially instilling one with the Resonance are unknown for now.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Ye the sahagin elder body hopped a couple of times, hower it's worth to note that in that case the corpse dissolved with him, also his body took over the vessel.
    However that might mean nothing since the resonance is well.... unstable and all as such Zenos might not have full control of the abilities like Fordola.

But good catch on calling the resonance an implant, though unlikely to me, we know that the resonance is a copy on an echo, but we don't know if the copy is an implant or written in one own aether.
    Also we don't really know why Zenos has 2 eyes unlike fordola. While it can be handweaved as Fordola beign a test and/or Zenos needing a stronger way because he is a Garlean and because of that incapable of using aether, It could also mean that some infos on his version of the resonant were kept hidden to us.
    (0)
    Last edited by Remedi; 06-20-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mikeru Takeuchi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianFire View Post
    It's expanded on in the lore book. Both Giaus and Regulus have studded older ways of using gunblades then most people use and both are very, very good at it. This is contrast to Nael who used a lance and Zenos who used Katanas. Giaus and Regulus are the only legatuses we've seen who use the traditional Garlean weapon, and they're both older then the other two legatuses we've met. The only other person we've seen use a two-handed gunblade is Nero I believe, but he's abandoned that in favor of his war-hammer Mjolnir. I'm interested if using more "common" weapons is a trend with the younger Garlean generations given that Garlemald isn't as isolated as it used to be.
    In the Echo flashback cutscene near the end of patch 4.2, Zenos used a Gunblade during the attack on Doma before he threw it down and eventually uses a katana he picked up from one of the Samurais he killed.
    (3)
    My Current Characters:
    Mikeru Takeuchi: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/14812205/
    Ekkusu Volnutt: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/8909941/
    Rokku Sigma: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5714962/

"Break a warrior's body, and he will thirst for vengeance. Break his spirit, and he will clamor for peace. Judge my methods distasteful if you will - but know that I seek to end this conflict, not prolong it." - Yadovv Gah, Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

Player
    Character
    Zohar Lahar
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    So doing the Ridorana Lighthouse these pas few weeks have made me wonder something...

Ivalice
    I'm confused on the function of that Construct 7 guardian: it claims "anomalous intelligence detected", and after the math mechanic, it then claims re-education failed and goes into Tartarus and Annihilation modes. So did Goug have a really hardcore education system or is the robot malfunctioning? Also, speaking of Goug, anyone else notice we seem to pass through an Aethyrite to reach it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kharagal Mierqid
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    It's not an Aethyrite exactly. It's a callback to how dungeons in FFXII work. You usually would find a small crystal-like thing (forget the exact name) that would transport you to somewhere in the dungeon and you had no idea where it was going the first time. This would unlock it for further use. Eventually you'd use entire networks of the crystals in dungeons to travel to different parts of the the dungeon.

Presumably, there was a similar network in Goug to make getting around the huge tower easy. Somehow the WoL or Ramza found a teleport crystal that skipped over all the destroyed part of the tower and transported them from the bottom floors to the very top floors that still existed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Marin Soriel
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Heaven on High:
    Really neat to have the Allagan connection with Heaven on High; the Onishishu seem like an absolutely fascinating organization. Given the founder's references to Princess Salina and Desch, they must date back all the way to the Fourth Umbral Era. I wonder if reaching Floor 100 reveals any more, or if the quest On the Shoulders of Giants is the extent of it?

Oof, I'm even more disappointed that story for HoH is limited to just the first 30 floors now.
    (1)

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast