Player
    Character
    Pretz Starwind
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 52

FC advice, either recruiting or looking for new one

Hello, well I have been mostly doing a solo run of the game with just queuing for Dungeons and Guildhests and stuff, but I started with a group of friends. We were only about 6 or so plus a few SOs as well, and sadly all but I have quit the game, at least till next expansion. I am a full crafter/gatherer and took my time, still in ARR content actually, so while they all finished the expansions and just did a few other things by blasting through the combat classes they liked, I was kinda left behind.

I have an FC, name is New Epoch, our gaming group is called New Epoch Online in most all games we go to, and we have an FC house as well. We are on Midgardsormr of course and was looking to get to recruiting but not sure if I want to just try and recruit since the way the chat system is in the game it's hard to find new players to recruit. Was also thinking of just making a placeholder toon and logging in to him every so often to keep the house for them if they came back.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pretz Starwind
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 52
    I mostly have guild experience with WoW, SWTOR, and ESO, played many other MMOs but only ran guilds in those 3 games. But with the way FFXIV is setup you can't really recruit using the same methods. So was looking here for advice. Since it's highly unlikely I'll have my friends rejoin me anytime soon, and with how the cross platform makes recruiting a bit of an annoyance, should I just find another FC? And if so does anyone know any that are recruiting that does stuff late in the evenings?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pretz Starwind
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 52
    My gaming time is mostly after 9:30 PM EST Monday-Saturday, Sunday being my only day off work. I would like to get a FC that has a good number of active members, possible to get into raid content later on and just kinda the in-between, not really fully casual but not hardcore either, I don't want to get too much stress from the game but I do take it seriously. As I've spent a ton of time with the game's basics and many techniques for leveling the various jobs as well as farming items, so I make a great teacher to new players. I just haven't hit the expansions yet and of course not gotten to the raids.

Hope to hear back, any advice is welcome.

sorry had to split this up due to the character limit for the posts.
    (0)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Just a tip you can just edit original post so you don't post multiple times.

It really depends on your gaming style. I'm a one man FC just because of the perks. I did join a different FC as a LS member and occasionally do runs with them. It really depends on what you want to accomplish. Do you want to use workshops, ect.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pretz Starwind
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 52
    Yes right now the workshop is actually one of the main reasons why I am kinda thinking of just getting into a new FC. I have an airship partly built in my current one, but at the stage needing 4 crafters in the shop to finish that stage. Also thanks for the tip, it just kept saying I had a 1000 character limit when making a post, so figured that was something for new posts or cause I hadn't been very active on here before. I do more crafting and gathering than anything else, but it's not getting me anywhere as I'm story locked. Working on my combat classes is nice too, but when you don't have anyone to game with it just gets lonely and feels like I should just be playing a normal solo RPG. So was thinking of getting into a bigger FC or building on my own, but the method of recruitment makes building up seem like a daunting task.
    (0)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Yeah the workshop requirements are a pain. I normally shout or offer reward for it. Helps if you have a crafting LS community. If your building a new FC there are new requirements for purchasing a home as an FC just a heads up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pretz Starwind
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 52
    As I said above, I have an FC atm, with house, but I'm the only active member. So got the house already for building it up but still thinking it might be better to find a larger FC to just join.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aywren Sojourner
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I would hold on to the house with an alt if you decide to look for a new FC on your main. Houses aren't as easy to come by, and if you release this one while being in another FC with a house, you won't be able to pick one up for your existing FC again. I know some folks might frown on that advice, but your FC did build it up, so it's technically yours to keep and decorate. The house probably took time and resources to obtain, and if by any chance your friends do return, you might want to use it again in the future.

Also, if things don't work out in your FC search, you might find yourself wanting to return to your original FC. Building up a FC is time consuming... but not impossible, especially not with a new patch having just dropped. You just have to decide if running a FC is something you want to do. It does add a whole new dynamic and responsibility to the game if you go that direction, and it's not for everyone.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lady Grimlight
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 57
    Keep the house! (that was a lot of work and time, money) But ultimately find a community to game with, its community that really makes the game fun. Good luck in your search, and feel free to contact me in game.

www.grievancegaming.org
    (1)