Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NoctusT View Post
    That said, RDM is already THE prog caster so I don't see why you'd want to buff the damage. It's rezzes are really strong.
    Because once people stop dying, Red Mage is woefully weaker than any of its range counterparts. It cannot measure close to the damage Black Mage or Summoner offer and lacks the utility of Bard or Machinist. Basically, the better the group gets, the less valuable Red Mage becomes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grimoire Mogri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Honestly as a BRD the thing I feel the most is when I get a crit buff, not the DRG Disembowel. The 5% damage buff is nice, and I can see the difference in our parses, but even without it I think BRD would still be paired with a DRG as often as possible. Not having a single crit-buffing class alongside them massively hurts their spike DPS potential. Machinist would easily survive the loss of Disembowel and decouple itself from DRG easily, but there's no way in hell BRD wouldn't be paired with DRG still. They just plain scale that hard with crit rate, and the extra proc generation from Litany is too hard to ignore.

I'm honestly for giving BRD/MCH the piercing debuff instead and letting DRG stay where it is. As parses show that it's actually fine personal DPS wise compared to the other classes, only starting to dip below other melee at the 50th percentile, which makes sense as that's roughly when basic rotations start to fall apart and raid buff synergy falls out the window. That indicates to me that it is simply a hard job, and it's rewarded heavily for mastering it. Whether SE feels its too punishing would be worth looking into first.
    (0)
    Last edited by Grimoire-M; 06-05-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    Petition Thread for "Playable Loporrits": https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/436512-Make-them-Playable-You-Cowards
    Are You Happy with the Endwalker Healer Reveal? - Poll: https://strawpoll.vote/polls/2e6mxhnx/vote - Thread: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/443437-Poll-Are-You-Happy-with-the-Healer-Kit-Reveal-for-Endwalker

Mechanics are Aesthetics. Graphics don't make interesting gameplay.

Player
    Character
    Sid Zarkovitch
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I think DRG should keep disembowel for right now but for next expansion they should do something about it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Considering what they need to do If they are going to remove weaknesses debuffs next expansion is the reasonable timeframe for it to happen, however since they are going to add more jobs they might do something else entirely who knows
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Swarley Mcswarlington
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Remove piercing, slashing, and blunt damage and just make them homogenized physical damage like how the magic damage is. This system is outdated and causes more issues than unique opportunities.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimoire-M View Post
    Honestly as a BRD the thing I feel the most is when I get a crit buff, not the DRG Disembowel. The 5% damage buff is nice, and I can see the difference in our parses, but even without it I think BRD would still be paired with a DRG as often as possible. Not having a single crit-buffing class alongside them massively hurts their spike DPS potential. Machinist would easily survive the loss of Disembowel and decouple itself from DRG easily, but there's no way in hell BRD wouldn't be paired with DRG still. They just plain scale that hard with crit rate, and the extra proc generation from Litany is too hard to ignore.

I'm honestly for giving BRD/MCH the piercing debuff instead and letting DRG stay where it is. As parses show that it's actually fine personal DPS wise compared to the other classes, only starting to dip below other melee at the 50th percentile, which makes sense as that's roughly when basic rotations start to fall apart and raid buff synergy falls out the window. That indicates to me that it is simply a hard job, and it's rewarded heavily for mastering it. Whether SE feels its too punishing would be worth looking into first.
    While I agree that Litany is a powerful Crit buff for BRD (as is Chain Strategem), Disembowel more than outweighs it when you look at the gains we get from both. Consider as well that Litany (and all other Crit buffs) are by nature up to the mercy of RNG, where as Disembowel is 5% flat damage guaranteed--no worrying about the gains being reliant on procs/RNG. The combination of both solidifies DRG as BRD's partner in crime, but Disembowel is the true offender when it comes to double physical ranged comps because of MCH and BRD's reliability on piercing damage.

BRD actually has it a bit easier compared to MCH, since BRD's DoTs are a massive part of their overall damage and the ticks are not affected by Disembowel. MCH, meanwhile only have Flamethrower, which ideally you clip early in order for it to not be a DPS loss.

Giving piercing to BRD/MCH would be ideal, and would break the double ranged meta. But it also brings with it its own set of issue (no, one of them is not making BRD/MCH "too OP"): the resistance down debuffs become overly redundant since they will be applied by every physical DPS job in the game, and it also spells problems for DRG. Their personal damage is not enough to keep them in groups. MNK would easily overtake them, and then the physical meta shifts to NIN/MNK/BRD/MCH. And MCH would more than likely be subbed for BLM or SMN because it doesn't offer anything a BRD doesn't already have save for Dismantle.

That still doesn't address SAM or RDM. Both of which need TLC.

I'm still of the opinion the resistance down debuffs should be removed come 5.0.
    (0)
    Last edited by HyoMinPark; 06-10-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Yuri Goggles
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    That still doesn't address SAM or RDM. Both of which need TLC.

I'm still of the opinion the resistance down debuffs should be removed come 5.0.
    SAM's issues will likely never be fixed as long as they're too afraid to make selfish DPS as strong as they *should* be, and I think part of that issue is how much this game relies on unconditional party-wide DPS support. In my opinion, only personal buffs should be as simple as pressing one button for more damage/defense, and party-wide abilities should work more like Dragon Eye, TBN, and AST cards which require the player to actually make decisions and don't follow a universal template for usage.
    (0)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13