Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    3 Lily Assizes are decent enough in my eyes. The DPS I could hit even without Cleric in the 4.0 expert roulette dungeons attests to that. I'd be very happy if I could actually generate lilies in enough of a burst to actually make use of them.

Imagine if our cooldowns made every GCD spell generate a Lily.

Now there's a way to take that weak system and make it reward more proactive play.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I feel like if the trait is so minor that you routinely forget it exists (I think I read the tooltip when I got it while leveling and then never thought about it again until I saw this thread) it could do with a rework. Both SotL 2 and Hyper Lightspeed should get some love. Actually, so should the Scholar one, though at least that one has slightly more impact.
    (0)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Sharl Llyntine
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraphin View Post
    WHM doesn't need help making more lilies. The concept needs a rework, simple as that.
    The concept does need a rework, indeed. But thats definitely not happening until at least 5.0. for now, if we could get lilies through dps or regens ticks instead of just hard casted heals, I don't think a 48s Assize would be too bad for now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dante Haiwindo
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Tonberry View Post
    The concept does need a rework, indeed. But thats definitely not happening until at least 5.0. for now, if we could get lilies through dps or regens ticks instead of just hard casted heals, I don't think a 48s Assize would be too bad for now.
    I know we're not going to get a rework of the Lily System. We saw it at the start of SB, we sighed, went "this is...horrible" and hid our gauges because as long as DB lit up, we didn't need to see it. now DB isn't tied to it. I have mine in simple mode, as Teeny tiny as I can get it in the corner of my screen and i just ignore it for the most part.

I think when something that they thought was going to be a major part of game play is simply relegated to being in the corner "out of sight, out of mind" (a lot of people i know just turn it off) that's a bad thing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I'd like to see it extend the range of Cure 3 by 5/10/15 yalms
    (2)
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Player
    Character
    Riyshn'a Nhise
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    I feel like if the trait is so minor that you routinely forget it exists (I think I read the tooltip when I got it while leveling and then never thought about it again until I saw this thread) it could do with a rework. Both SotL 2 and Hyper Lightspeed should get some love. Actually, so should the Scholar one, though at least that one has slightly more impact.
    I won't speak to Hyper Lightspeed other than to say that it's at least in a better spot than SotL2 just because it's not layered RNG (I'm a terrible AST, so don't really have a good idea of the impact it has), but Quickened Aetherflow absolutely does not need a buff. If you're keeping Aetherflow cycling like you should be, it's a 25% CDR. That is... honestly kind of insane, and probably makes up the biggest difference in power between Lv60 and Lv70 SCH of any of the SB skills. And jumps up to 50% if you can afford to use Dissipation - fun fact, it's actually somewhat hard to effectively use 6 Aetherflow stacks in just 30 seconds.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Baudouin Anjou
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    tl;dr the whole lily system would be better off if Medicas and Cure 3 gave lilies too.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Riyshn'a Nhise
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunspawn View Post
    tl;dr the whole lily system would be better off if Medicas and Cure 3 gave lilies too.
    Eh, already get Confession stacks from those. If they were to add any method of generating them, I'd say attach it to regen ticks. Give it some limitation like regens can only ever generate your first lily or something if they have to - still bad, but at least then it would be something.

Really the problem is that inconsistent small amounts of CDR are just... kinda useless on a healer. I'm not sure there even is a way to balance lilies as they currently are; they're likely either useless, or so strong that they require rebalancing the whole rest of WHM's kit. It feels like a better solution was what was originally teased way back when we got the SB trailer with the job ability teasers, when it was implied that there was a stacking Spell Speed component to them. Even that though would still run into the current problem of never really stacking enough to be useful, along with the new issue of consuming them before the SpS could actually contribute anything, unless they removed the consumption part entirely.

...Anyone else feel like the original version of Divine Benison that required at least 1 lily to use is a holdover from that older iteration? Like maybe the ability was the only thing that consumed lilies, and it became a sacrifice of the SpS you've been building up for a shield?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ultimus Vivi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 60
    If they want to keep the RNG involved they should reduce the cooldown reduction to one second but allow it to apply to heal over time crits such as Medica 2 or regen
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'majha Tyaka
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Tonberry View Post
    Just like the Lily system, it suffers from being tied to the use of Cure and II. Spells that any decent WHM avoids needing to use.
    What game are you playing?
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast