Player
    Character
    Rocket Teira
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Thank you for the upcoming dyes changes in Fashion Report

The pay to win dyes from mogstation were definitely the worst part about the weekly game.

Thank you for hearing the community
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Malfoy Fleurentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I’m glad they did this. I didn’t notice it as a big problem the first couple times those dyes popped up, but the more I tried and it began to feel like a given that there was always going to be a special dye requirement, and mb prices would explode to where you were forced to use the cash shop, I just quit keeping up with fashion report altogether because I wasn’t gonna do that every single week. Maybe this’ll breathe some life back into it for me.
    (1)

___Malfoy __/thefleurentine.tumblr.com
    because diamonds are forever, as is dust.
    ~ . S A R G A T A N A S . ~

Player
    Character
    Akatsubaki Dovakin
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I agree that it's nice with the rare dye change, but none of this is pay to win. These dyes are available in game and you don't need them at all to get a score over 80.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rose Blaidd'drwg
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 53
    I've have preferred they kept the dye requirement, but limited it to craftable, NPC, and beast tribe dyes only.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rocket Teira
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubaki75 View Post
    I agree that it's nice with the rare dye change, but none of this is pay to win. These dyes are available in game and you don't need them at all to get a score over 80.
    When was the last time you attempted to get these dyes not from the market board?

Let me tell you my experience.

I have two retainers both in a mix of genji savage gear and crafted raid gear. I have sent both of them out in maybe 4-5 quick explorations a day for the last 2 weeks - 16 days.

In that time, I have received two dyes. One dark brown and one metallic yellow.

If you know a more efficient way of getting these dyes that isn't "off the market board" or "from the Mog station" please share.

Regardless of what score people are aiming for, you can purchase dyes for real money to score higher in fashion report. Hense, pay to win. Whether people chose to do it or not doesn't mean the option wasn't there.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rockette; 05-20-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockette View Post
    When was the last time you attempted to get these dyes not from the market board?

Let me tell you my experience.

I have two retainers both in a mix of genji savage gear and crafted raid gear. I have sent both of them out in maybe 4-5 quick explorations a day for the last 2 weeks - 16 days.

In that time, I have received two dyes. One dark brown and one metallic yellow.

If you know a more efficient way of getting these dyes that isn't "off the market board" or "from the Mog station" please share.

Regardless of what score people are aiming for, you can purchase dyes for real money to score higher in fashion report. Hense, pay to win. Whether people chose to do it or not doesn't mean the option wasn't there.
    The fact they are available in-game, from the market, defeats your entire argument. Pay to win applies you must use real life currency for an unfair advantage. Considering 100 points isn't even required to win the best reward each week, you're reaching to call this anything beyond an annoyance.

Keep in mind, for non-unique items, you have level an alt to 15 and use Gold Chocobo feathers to get an endless supply of free Jet Black and Pure White dye.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rocket Teira
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post
    The fact they are available in-game, from the market, defeats your entire argument. Pay to win applies you must use real life currency for an unfair advantage. Considering 100 points isn't even required to win the best reward each week, you're reaching to call this anything beyond an annoyance.

Keep in mind, for non-unique items, you have level an alt to 15 and use Gold Chocobo feathers to get an endless supply of free Jet Black and Pure White dye.
    "In some multiplayer free-to-play games, players who are willing to pay for special items or downloadable content may be able to gain a significant advantage over those playing for free."
    - Wikipedia

Not "must". Willing.

In this case, paying to get dyes off mogstation is a helleva lot easier than getting retainers to buy them, paying around 1mil in ingame currency (depending on server), or your suggestion of paying for a second game account?
    (0)
    Last edited by Rockette; 05-20-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockette View Post
    "In some multiplayer free-to-play games, players who are willing to pay for special items or downloadable content may be able to gain a significant advantage over those playing for free."
    - Wikipedia

Not "must". Willing.

In this case, paying to get dyes off mogstation is a helleva lot easier than getting retainers to buy them, paying around 1mil in ingame currency (depending on server), or your suggestion of paying for a second game account?
    Bold added for emphasis. There was nothing "significant" about the advantage. The reward for fashion report is MGP and access to a shop that sells glamour items. The good weekly reward takes 80 points. The most points those dyes could have ever granted you would be 6. Scoring 100 gets you a title the first time you do it, and thats it. And a lot of weeks none of the rare dyes were used anyway. As for gold feathers, the recruit a friend campaign gives feathers as does the callback campaign. Generate a code and put it in the thread on the new player forum, bam free feathers. Have a friend that doesnt play anymore? Invite them back for a free weekend. They log in once for literally any time at all, bam free feathers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Malfoy Fleurentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post

I don't play f2p games, but I've always thought that this is where they get you - by creating an unrealistic grind, then throwing a quick work-around up on the cash shop in order to force people into paying just to get around the impossible grind.

In the case of Fashion Report, it's nearly impossible to farm these dyes in a single week because it depends heavily on some pretty horrific rng, and it can also be very difficult for players who don't have a reliable in-game income to farm up 1m gil in a short period of time only to blow it all on a single consumable, especially if multiple of these dyes are needed to get the highest score. Which would force players who just don't have the gil or time to invest to purchase the items from the cash shop instead, which IMO wouldn't be a pay-to-win level problem if these dyes weren't required for the high scores on nearly every outfit combination since nearly day-one.* The fact that they seemed so constant made it feel to me like Fashion Report was designed specifically as a way to sell more dyes on mogstation.

* Admittedly, I did quit early on, so I'm not sure how many times since its implementation the special dyes were not needed. I'm assuming based on my limited experience as well as comments and complaints of others since, that the dyes have been needed more often than not. I just know that every time I checked the Fashion Report thread to see if it was something I wanted to attempt, some metallic dye was always confirmed as getting the highest score on at least one item in the set.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sakuraluna; 05-20-2018 at 04:29 PM.

___Malfoy __/thefleurentine.tumblr.com
    because diamonds are forever, as is dust.
    ~ . S A R G A T A N A S . ~

Player
    Character
    Rocket Teira
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizze View Post
    Bold added for emphasis. There was nothing "significant" about the advantage. The reward for fashion report is MGP and access to a shop that sells glamour items. The good weekly reward takes 80 points. The most points those dyes could have ever granted you would be 6. Scoring 100 gets you a title the first time you do it, and thats it. And a lot of weeks none of the rare dyes were used anyway. As for gold feathers, the recruit a friend campaign gives feathers as does the callback campaign. Generate a code and put it in the thread on the new player forum, bam free feathers. Have a friend that doesnt play anymore? Invite them back for a free weekend. They log in once for literally any time at all, bam free feathers.
    Significant or not, an advantage gained by real money transactions is an advantage, no matter whether you believe its required or not. You can pay money, you can win the 100 points goal. It's as simple as that. It's a sour thing to have in an subscription based game which is probably why they're removing it. In a fashion report example, if you were an achievement collector, you can buy these items from mogstation in order to fast track gaining 3x achievements + the Fashion Leader title.

Aka, you can pay for something to win it. I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand.

No one has disagreed that gold feathers can buy dyes. Bam, a friend coming back still has to PAY a sub for you to get those feathers. Bam. Bam, you have the option of recruit a friend which may not need to pay real money, bam.

The fact is, if you want to pay real money for the achievements + title, you can do so. Do you have to? no. But you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraluna View Post
    * Admittedly, I did quit early on, so I'm not sure how many times since its implementation the special dyes were not needed. I'm assuming based on my limited experience as well as comments and complaints of others since, that the dyes have been needed more often than not. I just know that every time I checked the Fashion Report thread to see if it was something I wanted to attempt, some metallic dye was always confirmed as getting the highest score on at least one item in the set.
    You are correct in your assumptions. The special dyes have been required every week bar one, I believe.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rockette; 05-20-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast