Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    You mean after it's too late if it's happening this maintenance.
    While they don't say a date on the patch notes and I'm not trying to create facts, the way it's written strongly implies that the fix will becoming after the patch, or else they wouldn't need to caution people not to clip/glitch aquariums, because it would already be fixed and they wouldn't be able to.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Yui Savage
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by InkstainedGwyn View Post
    To be fair, it's the weekend and they don't usually comment on anything over the weekend. If we are going to get a response, it'll be at some point over the work week.
    I mean, the thread was started before the workday would have started on Friday, so it's not like this wasn't up during the work week last week. I had hoped that if we didn't get a clarification here that someone would edit the patch notes to make those more clear. Kind of disappointed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I just relocated, so I'm holding off on really decorating it fully until after the patch. Taking no chances.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nekomimi Mcfluff
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 70
    This has been updated now -- so it's clearer. :)

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...0010d603a61fe4
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    So, basically, if you have overlapping aquariums, you're screwed, but if you don't you should be safe.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mihn Saruihn
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    So aquariums clipping together will bust open a black hole sucking in all clipping things in the room. Ouch.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yui Savage
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by MuseTraveller View Post
    So aquariums clipping together will bust open a black hole sucking in all clipping things in the room. Ouch.
    Only when they implement the aquarium fix at some point in the future, but yes, basically if you clip aquariums, then you will lose everything that is clipped in your house. I'm really glad my aquarium is in storage. It will remain their until their fix.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Willig Rowde
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    The final notes make it sound even scarier...

If an estate contains overlapping aquariums, all furnishings in the estate that are overlapping or clipping, regardless of whether they are in proximity to an aquarium, may be permanently deleted when the fix for this issue is implemented.
    First thing I'm doing upon logging in is moving the current aquarium in my private, FC, FC Room and apartment into storage until after the fix. Assuming the fix is coming at a later date...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lunie Khit
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Thank goodness for this! I was so worried that my house would be half empty when I log in tomorrow. I can finally rest easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowde View Post
    The final notes make it sound even scarier...

First thing I'm doing upon logging in is moving the current aquarium in my private, FC, FC Room and apartment into storage until after the fix. Assuming the fix is coming at a later date...
    From what it says there it's only really going to be an issue if you clip two aquariums together. If you only have one in your house and have no intention of adding more then you should have nothing to worry about. Just make sure that your FC and tenants for your personal home are informed of this bug. I would recommend remove decorating permissions for other people until the bug is dealt with, just in case they accidentally clip aquariums together and destroy half the house.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MuseTraveller View Post
    Who would have thought that two aquariums coming into contact would have the same effect as putting a portable hole into a bag of holding.
    (1)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast