Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Bekashi Arakawa
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    The current issue is that clipping aquariums together can cause them to be deleted.

The potential solution that they might implement sometime down the line (not with the patch) could cause all furnishings that are overlapping/clipping to be deleted. I sincerely doubt they'd actually go through with this fix, but even if they do, I'm sure they'll give some warning. For the time being, we don't need to worry about most furnishings clipping, but after the patch hits do not clip aquariums through each other.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Willig Rowde
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    An issue wherein placing a tabletop aquarium on top of another furnishing and then repositioning that furnishing allows the aquarium to clip through other aquariums.
    * We strongly advise all players to avoid trying to replicate this issue. All furnishings, including aquariums, that are overlapping or clipping may be permanently deleted when the fix for this issue is implemented.

It's more distressing than that because of that "all furnishings" though.

If it was just aquariums, it would be slightly simpler to make adjustments on my end, as I would just have to go and move a few aquariums around in my house. But "all furnishings"? I'd pretty much have to completely redesign my house, FC room, FC house and apartment to ensure that no items are clipping into each other at all.

Not to mention floating items, which I have made use of in my house and FC room, and items that are slightly clipping into the environment walls and pillars?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Keridwyn Maeve
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Clarification is definitely needed at this time. If it's just the aquarium, fine. That's a quick one minute fix of putting it into storage and plopping some placeholder furnishings where it currently sits. If it's removing any clipping/overlapping items I've got hours of work deconstructing my rooms ahead of me and not a whole lot of hours to do that in.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Keroa Mosuke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    I agree that this is highly distressing, especially considering the amount of time that a large majority of homeowners have put into decorating their homes. Clarification on this will prove most useful in letting those homeowners know if they are going to need to dismantle their homes in order to save expensive furnishings.

Not that we WANT to spend another set of hours rebuilding them, but if we know for sure if our things are going to be tossed into the void if we don't, then we will be able to at least react within a timeframe to allow us to save our digital worldy objects.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ledoya Endurez
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    Yes, clarification is needed. But for those who like leaving a footprint in the MMO world (as most of us who spend time decorating do), the items are just as if not less than important than how you have put them together. I mean, otherwise, it's just a "trophy" room that doesn't mean anything creatively. So, while I agree with you, and knowing ahead of time no matter what is paramount, I hope they understand that (for me, at least) I care less about the items I've placed (say, in my aquarium as aquarium "decor") than I do about how I've arranged them and hoping it is unique. There is already too much that treats housing like a bonus achievement trophy room that people can visit -- for those of us who love to decorate, it is precisely about how we can manipulate the environment around those objects to make it unique. Otherwise, it's all just cookie-cutter anyway....
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Miyuki Shiba
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckett View Post
    The current issue is that clipping aquariums together can cause them to be deleted.
    The current issue is that the English translation team is really bad at their job. Since you can't place multiple aquariums until after 4.3 hits on Tuesday, whatever happens with that isn't a current issue, it's a known issue for a future patch.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Keroa Mosuke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Oh, no I absolutely agree with you 100%
    It would utterly SUCK to have to move everything, and no one wants to, but if its a choice between loosing stuff permanantly or just moving htem temporarily, Id rather move them temporarily than loose them alltogether.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lunie Khit
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I would love some clarification on this as my FC house and personal house both make use of clipping and floating items extensively.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that if having multiple aquariums in one house makes it so that players can no longer clip furnishings together, I would rather that we keep to the "one aquarium per house" rule. It's too much trouble for its worth.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kharagal Mierqid
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    *sigh*

Well, there goes my idea for clipping items though multiple fish tanks...

I'm crossing my fingers that it means nothing needs to be clipping in fish tanks whenever they fix it. But if it means they finally fix clipping issues...

That is going to be a sad day for the housing enthusiasts...
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    This is going to cause a huge backlash against SE. I haven't glitched anything, but I've clipped partitions to make rooms and have put some items inside others to make an indoor fountain. Having to tear my house apart to avoid everything getting deleted is a load of BS. All they're going to do is tick people off. Just to fix an aquarium problem.
    (5)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast