Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Gattsu Basaka
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80

The Samurai buffs are terrible. (Preliminary Patch Notes)

The potency changes in patch 4.3 are miniscule and put us nowhere near where our counterpart melee Monk is at. With these buffs Samurai will just now barely do more damage then Monk about a 2.1% increase but will not outweigh Brotherhood's utility in the slightest. I'm posting this to help raise awareness and seriously hope Yoshi-P and the Development team will reconsider more appropriate buffing for Samurai very soon. If you're upset with the Samurai buffs after seeing the Preliminary patch notes please take the time to post your frustration here so that the Development team can see.
    (16)
    Last edited by gintokiygo; 05-18-2018 at 10:01 PM. Reason: to remove error that occur from using the phone version and add clarification.

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    While i do not play Sam too much it is rather sad of an update
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fuyumi Inahime
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    when I see the patch note on samurai I am speechless, this is literally not enough I was actually hoping they remove the the ki cost for seigan but whatever
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Gattsu Basaka
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    They can't even really say that'd it would be risky to just give Samurai's more damage as it's working just fine for Blackmage. The buffs fall very short and to be fair I would have been fine still being slightly behind Monk still if we were at least doing as much damage as Blackmage.
    (5)
    Gotta Go Fast

Player
    Character
    Lucia Invicta
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    I had my hopes low already, I guess the changes are something but very underwhelming. Why not make Meditate useful... that skill is literally a waste of space, why not make it give insta kenki gain rather than that silly standing animation.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Gattsu Basaka
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    I believe at this point the devs don't really want to change anything about the job itself. I would be okay with receiving a more substantial potency buff to the same 5 skills just now.
    (5)
    Gotta Go Fast

Player
    Character
    Liandrin Saruni
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Add that 2% to the 75th percentile of fflogs (sigma savage) and SAM is slightly above BLM. So there is nothing to complain about, he is on paar with the magic counterpart.
    Brotherhood raid contribution of MNK at 75th percentile is about 250-300dps. So MNK for Raiddps is slightly ahead but not that much. If you buff SAM futher because of MNKs raidcontribution then you have to buff BLM too.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Gattsu Basaka
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    When comparing jobs for job balance you really shouldn't compare jobs based on percentile you should compare them on numbers and numbers don't lie Monk and Blackmage are the highest and only one of those jobs provides utility. At the very least Square could have brought Samurai up to Blackmages level and most people would have been satisfied but they didn't and we're still about 4-5% off from just that.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Liandrin Saruni
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    What are numbers? You mean number of parses? You mean maximum dps? Which numbers do you mean?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Gattsu Basaka
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80

These numbers sir.
    (4)
    Gotta Go Fast

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast