Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

Housing reclaim - no inactivity email

Note: This is not a complaint that my house got demolished, the reclaim system itself is fine.

Today I discovered that my house had been demolished due to the housing reclamation system, despite having no emails from SE telling me about the 30 days, 35 days or 42 day warning, has anyone else had this problem? It leaves a sour taste in my mouth that my house got reclaimed without warning when one (three) should have been sent.

I'm not looking for compensation or for my house to be returned to me, I just want an explanation.

Oh, and yes, my registered email is correct, I checked.
    (6)
    Last edited by Lambdafish; 05-18-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdafish View Post
    Note: This is not a complaint that my house got demolished, the reclaim system itself is fine.

Today I discovered that my house had been demolished due to the housing reclamation system, despite having no emails from SE telling me about the 30 days, 35 days or 42 day warning, has anyone else had this problem? It leaves a sour taste in my mouth that my house got reclaimed without warning when one (three) should have been sent.

I'm not looking for compensation or for my house to be returned to me, I just want an explanation.

Oh, and yes, my registered email is correct, I checked.
    Checked Spam filters?
    SE's emails frequently end up in my spam box.
    And whose your Email Provider.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Yeah, this came up in a thread a week or so ago, with a link to a reddit post explaining that apparently this has been a bug for a while. Personally, I only got my 3-day warning, and I got it 2 days before auto-demo. (I wanted auto-demo, so it was fine for me, but that doesn't make it fine that it's happening.)
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by InkstainedGwyn View Post
    Yeah, this came up in a thread a week or so ago, with a link to a reddit post explaining that apparently this has been a bug for a while. Personally, I only got my 3-day warning, and I got it 2 days before auto-demo. (I wanted auto-demo, so it was fine for me, but that doesn't make it fine that it's happening.)
    That really sucks, I was also under the assumption that having a tenant enter the house instead of me would also halt the timer, and my lack of a warning led me to believe that that had worked. SE really needs to sort this out because I feel even more cheated out of my house now than when I made the thread :/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Only time anyone else but the owner will stop a house demo is for an FC house. Otherwise it has to be the owner. Unless they changed the rules, but I don't think so.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arle Oven
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 56
    I also have not received any housing emails lately, but I make an effort to check my house at least once a month. Sometimes I get carried away on alts that I forget a few extra days, but so far it's not been a problem and I've kept my house since housing launched. They definitely need to look into that though. I feel for the people on extended vacation away from home to come back to their game house owned by someone else.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sothis Caoimhe
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I've always tried to keep a mental count of how many days it's been since I last logged in, just in case something like this happens. My house is important enough to me that I'm not so willing to take a chance on a couple of emails, which apparently was a good call.

The upside is, unless you had a medium or large, lots pop up daily here on Hyperion in all 4 zones. If there's a particular lot you're looking for, I can keep an eye out for it for you (if you're interested in repurchasing).
    (0)