Player
    Character
    Brielle Artemus
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90

I really wish I could have told off that yuppie larva

That kid that got all up in my face at the end of 4.2 or whatever. The guy who negotiated the prison swap and was acting all friendly until he was ready to leave.

He tried to goad me into lashing out against him, and I wish I had the option to say, "Why would I do that? I already lashed your "lord" so bad, he had to kill himself."

Look forward to ignoring him going forward. But SE probably won't let us do that.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lineage Razor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Yeah, I was disappointed by my character's reaction, as well. A response of smugness would have been much more in line than animosity. I (and by extension, my character) don't hate Asahi; rather, I'm contemptuous of him. Anyone who'd consider themselves to be a Zenos fanboy is clearly a tool, not a threat.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Brielle Artemus
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LineageRazor View Post
    Yeah, I was disappointed by my character's reaction, as well. A response of smugness would have been much more in line than animosity. I (and by extension, my character) don't hate Asahi; rather, I'm contemptuous of him. Anyone who'd consider themselves to be a Zenos fanboy is clearly a tool, not a threat.
    Yeah, and on top of that, it's just dumb to talk to the Warrior of Light like that. It reminded of that scene in The Dark Knight, when Morgan Freeman's character had to put that young guy, who figured out who Batman was, in his place.

"Let me get this straight. You think that your client — one of the wealthiest, most influential men in the world — is secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands... and your plan is to blackmail this person? Good luck."
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Trpimir Ratyasch
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    The thing about Asahi is that while he's a transparently smarmy douche practically from square one (just about the whole time I got a feeling that it was all too easy... an Imperial ambassador parroting just about every single criticism I've had about the Empire just reeks fishy)... but he has diplomatic immunity, so even if we want to punch him in the face for being such a transparently smarmy douche it would be a really bad idea to do so, especially since Doma is still recovering from occupation and war. Taunting the Warrior of Light is a really bad idea, but that's why Asahi does it - he wants to provoke them into lashing out at him, both to break down negotiations and to prove his idea that the Warrior of Light is somehow a beast. (Ironically it's the other way around, both with Asahi and with Zenos.) I'm guessing his dialogue was a bit different in other languages (but can't check; it's not online in any information repository), or perhaps him issuing a threat is just enough to get the Warrior of Light worked up.

Me? I'd have just rolled my eyes, crossed my arms, and said "Seriously? *sigh* Even dead that guy's a pain in my ass."

Unfortunately, Asahi does pose a genuine (if nebulous) threat - he's declared ill intent, but a politician hiding behind diplomatic immunity is free to scheme until it's too late to stop them, and the consequences of going Chaotic Good in that situation will just make things worse.
    (13)
    Last edited by Cilia; 05-16-2018 at 08:00 AM.
    Trpimir Ratyasch's Way Status (6.55 - End)
    [ ]LOST [ ]NOT LOST [X] PvPING FOR SWAG
    "There is no hope in stubbornly clinging to the past. It is our duty to face the future and march onward, not retreat inward." -Sovetsky Soyuz, Azur Lane: Snowrealm Peregrination

Player
    Character
    Brielle Artemus
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilia View Post
    Unfortunately, Asahi does pose a genuine (if nebulous) threat - he's declared ill intent, but a politician hiding behind diplomatic immunity is free to scheme until it's too late to stop them, and the consequences of going Chaotic Good in that situation will just make things worse.
    Agreed. Hopefully Alphinaud can match Asahi's scheming, and he finally gets his moment to shine.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aurora Vlondett
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Honestly, with how my character does things in my head, I wouldn't even be actively responding. Mostly just "That's nice?" when he goes on his little rant to us.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Out all of the antagonists we've encountered, Asahi's intentions seem to be the haziest of them all.

It feels clear to me that the peace treaty is a ruse, but what he's trying to gain from this whole matter, whether it be for him, Zenos, and/or the Empire in general is pretty foggy, moreso when it seems like he's instigating the summoning of a primal by handing that mirror to Yotsuyu.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shizuku Duskheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I swear if on the 22nd we don't get to slap him at least once, I'm gonna go beat on Moogles! Lemme murder my villains dang it! Stop letting them get away or off themselves!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I wanted an option to tell him that he was as subtle as a brick
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I'm just glad we had the option of no I don't want to cause I don't trust him any time we had a choice. I chose those or the if it'll make you feel better Yugiri ones. I wish we could have made him trip as he walked away with our echo powers or in a way no one would have thought it was us. I'm also glad our companions saw that we were upset and we got a chance to tell them. To me there are so many times where we learn something that upsets us or makes us worry about an up coming situation and they either have ignored us or told us to keep moving. It felt really nice that we got to tell them Asashi threatened us but that he's also a Zenos fanboy and the president of the fanclub. I really do hope that we get to punch him in such a way that he can't twist it in favor of his agenda.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast