Thread: Whm

Player
    Character
    Dante Haiwindo
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    There are a few things that could be tweaked. The Lilies and the traits that go with it (...i'm looking at you 20% chance on a Crit Cure 1/2 to reduce assize or assylum randomly by 5s...) need to be changed.

As DB is no longer linked to it, you truly don't need to even have the gauge up. I have mine really tiny, in the minimal version up in the corner of my screen and barely pay attention to it.

While all the other healers have something to buff the party, in one manner or another, WHM does not. Not going to argue rDPS vs pDPS. that's not what I want to do, but...I am a Mentor and I'm hoping changes being made don't eventually cause another "Great WHM kickening" as happened back in 3.3. The novice network had new, returning and Veteran players alike having breakdowns because they'd queue for something, as soon as the circle dropped boom, they were kicked.

So, something needs to be done, before this happens again.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Lillies: Should give a 5% spell speed buff each. Regen ticks should have a 20% chance to proc them, Medica II ticks a 5% chance.
    Divine Benison: If it’s going to continue to consume all lillies, make the shield potency scale with them.
    Plenary Indulgence: Either remove/greatly extend the time limit on confession stacks, or make confession stacks give either a small buff to each person’s DPS or Mitigation for the duration (so stacks don’t go to waste when PI is on cooldown).

These changes would make me so happy. The job would be more of a priority mindset, “Do I need to use Assize/Tetra/DB and kill my SPS, or will my HoTs/Asylum/Bene be enough for now so I can nuke some more? Do I need that extra heal from PI or will Medica II get is through and keep the party buffed?”
    (0)
    Last edited by MartaDemireux; 05-20-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurebel View Post

It would also help if they increase the confession stacks' duration.
    This is definitely something I could see happen before 5.0
    But not a Lilies rework (i mean, I think it needs one, but I don't think it'll happen before 5.0)

Quote Originally Posted by MartaDemireux View Post
    Lillies: Should give a 5% spell speed buff each. Regen ticks should have a 20% chance to proc them, Medica II ticks a 5% chance.
    Divine Benison: If it’s going to continue to consume all lillies, make the shield potency scale with them.
    Plenary Indulgence: Either remove/greatly extend the time limit on confession stacks, or make confession stacks give either a small buff to each person’s DPS or Mitigation for the duration (so stacks don’t go to waste when PI is on cooldown).

These changes would make me so happy. The job would be more of a priority mindset, “Do I need to use Assize/Tetra/DB and kill my SPS, or will my HoTs/Asylum/Bene be enough for now so I can nuke some more? Do I need that extra heal from PI or will Medica II get is through and keep the party buffed?”
    Giving a speed buff of 15% would only make WHM want to use their lilies even less. That's 15% more dmg and heal without including abilities. This is utterly OP considering WHM already has the highest of both.

The skill get a smaller CD, it's one or another, both would either require the skill to be less good (baseline) and that's something I don't think many WHM would like to see.

Plenary Indulgence only requires a higher duration (since you rarely need to do 3 medica + that)
    I'd personally like to see a 30sec duration

I don't think it needs a dps or dmg reduction buff. It's meant to be, yet another, powerful healing tool.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sylvain; 05-20-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    WHM has the best Burst DPS of the 3 healers, SCH has the best sustained DPS, that's why their numbers are higher. It's not that their DPS is better it's that in longer fights, like raids what 99% of the data is, in longer fights SCHs have an easier time DPSing compared to WHM. AST is still last though.
    (0)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Sunako Kirishiki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Divine benison buff was pretty strong during 4.2. I dont think they need buff in every single patch.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    Giving a speed buff of 15% would only make WHM want to use their lilies even less. That's 15% more dmg and heal without including abilities. This is utterly OP considering WHM already has the highest of both.

The skill get a smaller CD, it's one or another, both would either require the skill to be less good (baseline) and that's something I don't think many WHM would like to see.

Plenary Indulgence only requires a higher duration (since you rarely need to do 3 medica + that)
    I'd personally like to see a 30sec duration

I don't think it needs a dps or dmg reduction buff. It's meant to be, yet another, powerful healing tool.
    I don’t think it’d be as OP as you think it’d be. Lillies generated at chance by HoTs means you’re not guaranteed the 15% SPS, but if you get it then it’s nice (I meant they would replace Cure procs). There still would be times you’d have to get rid of them. The abilities that consume them are strong heals and utilities as it is. In normal gameplay you’ll use them as needed, preferably before lillies get stacked and then after they do get stacked (again by HoTs) they’ll only be up for a period of time before you need to assize again on cooldown for the MP (15% SPS will equate to more MP loss and the need to balance oneself).

I still think unused Confession stacks with the current timer should offer something to the group. They only generate when missing HP is healed as it is so you couldn’t spam for stacks. It’d be a nice boost to get when you get it but unreliable and impossible to maintain. It doesn’t even need to be mitigation or DPS, it could be a slight TP and/or MP recovery if the stacks vanish without the use of PI.
    (1)
    Last edited by MartaDemireux; 05-21-2018 at 12:51 AM.

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    White Mage is perfectly fine!!!!!!!!! The only people in forums are top tier players or players who are willing to learn how to become top tier players. White Mage is the only Healing class you can play from level one. It has a low skill floor by design. Bad White Mages and bad groups exist in the millions and when a run is going terrible there is a lot of Cure going out. Lillies are made to correct bad situations and this they do extremely well. We have to accept the fact that White Mage has always been god tier at what it is meant to do which is introduce people to healing and let even the most unskilled person do it well. Other Healers have far more to consider and do so because they are more rewarding. Giving WHM any rdps or other gimmick traits makes them more difficult to use which is contrary to their design. Fitting a burst window is a high skill action which is why Chain Stragem is at end game and why cards don't appear until Heavensward. Im not saying WHM is perfect but anyone I have seen complain seems to ignore the purpose and strength and over abundance of WHM. There are plenty because the job is great at doing just what it's intended for and SE knows this. If no one played the class it would change but people get to level 70 and still love WHM which means its easy to learn and fun to play which is the most you can ask from any class.
    (5)
    Last edited by NobleWinter; 05-21-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Myrhn Shirayuki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleWinter View Post
    snip
    I dont argue that is fun and easy job to play but there is something fundamentally wrong with Lillies. All the other jobs gauges serve a purpose specific for that job. Right now WHM gauge does nothing that can boost the playstyle.
    (3)
    I love the official forums, they tell you to use the search for thread about what you wanted to talk but when you use it they judge for necro a thread.

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    As a powerhouse Healer WHM can use it's healing abilities more frequently as it's gimmick. This gimmick shines in terrible situations. If your tank is under geared and your dps think red areas are for an experience boost than the lillies suddenly do a lot and help out in every single pull in a dungeon. The play style "benefits" tremendously from lillies but its a class tuned for learning and progression while Scholar and Astro are tuned for high skill parties and speed skills. All Healers can clear all content but they clearly have different purposes in their design.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Myrhn Shirayuki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleWinter View Post
    As a powerhouse Healer WHM can use it's healing abilities more frequently as it's gimmick. This gimmick shines in terrible situations. If your tank is under geared and your dps think red areas are for an experience boost than the lillies suddenly do a lot and help out in every single pull in a dungeon. The play style "benefits" tremendously from lillies but its a class tuned for learning and progression while Scholar and Astro are tuned for high skill parties and speed skills. All Healers can clear all content but they clearly have different purposes in their design.
    How often a flat % cooldown reduction from 5 abilities change the course of an encounter? Even with the best case have 3 lilies that is a 20% reduction make it or break you saving people. Right now is better to use your abilities according and dont wait and depend at all how many lilies your have. I just think taking the lilies away wont change anything that a whm can do, thats just bad and sad.
    (3)
    I love the official forums, they tell you to use the search for thread about what you wanted to talk but when you use it they judge for necro a thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast